-
Who's Online 2 Members, 1 Anonymous, 2.188 Guests (See full list)
-
Topics
-
Posts
-
By Ultimate Aurelian · Posted
I was think it could be the reverse of the coin (i like the combinaition of a celtic shield with greek writing) -
By Nicolaus_von_Kues · Posted
What style will you use? Coin/relief style emblem. Shield style emblem ( like painted shield) In both cases, at least the shape of the head must be drawn. -
By guerringuerrin · Posted
I managed to block my 24 elephants again. The gaps they tried to pass through are quite small. I’ll clarify again here that I’m deliberately trying to push things a bit. In particular, I’d like you to look at what happens with the group at the bottom, which has a visibly wider path than the group at the top. The first elephant goes straight through, but the second one, which is coming slightly from the side, collides with the house and turns to its left to try to go around the house. However, there is no longer enough space for it to make the 90-degree turn, so it gets stuck at the corner of the structure's hitbox + some eles probably pushing it too, and ends up blocking all the eles. I replicated this with only a few elephants, and something similar happened. It seems that elephants need to make a 90-degree turn to go around a building, avoiding any contact between their hitbox and the corners of the structure. This can be seen in the following videos. There is clearly enough space for the elephant to pass through if it moved diagonally: The obvious conclusion is that the hitboxes are too large, both unit and building (I'm asuming hitbox are the green ones). They extend well beyond the 3D model that the user sees and create these visual inconsistencies: the elephant cannot pass through a gap that appears wide enough. Having the structure's hitbox larger than the model may be desirable to prevent units from clipping through it and perhaps also help with visual clarity. But for organic bodies, maybe we can cheat a little with this. And I think this is also why I mentioned several times trying to "give them more overlap". But perhaps that wasn’t the right term. Maybe it’s not a matter of giving them more overlap, but rather making their hitboxes smaller. This could help elephants move through gaps that appear wide enough to the user, and it would also prevent them from pushing each other without actually touching, as can also be seen in this same video (00:10). In this last example, we can see an elephant walking around the barracks while keeping an exaggerated distance from the structure's visible boundaries: One final clarification: It’s obvious that destroying the houses is the quickest way forward, and there’s no reason to expect the elephants to organize themselves perfectly and head straight for the fortress. After all, the purpose of this feature is to add more realism and make a huge creature like an elephant somewhat clumsy. However, I think there is still room to improve the visual inconsistencies I’ve shown, where there appears to be enough space for an elephant to pass through, but it nevertheless gets blocked. I think most users will consider these visual inconsistencies a bug, and they can make the experience somewhat frustrating. That’s why I keep pointing them out as something that I think needs to be addressed. -
Omegle and the Unexpected Friendship: A Talk With Stranger Story The internet has changed the way people communicate. Today, meeting someone new no longer requires going to a crowded café, joining a local club, or traveling to another city. With random chat platforms inspired by Omegle, people can start conversations with strangers from different backgrounds and countries with just a few clicks. For many users, a random conversation may last only a few minutes. But sometimes, an unexpected connection can become something much more meaningful. This is the story of Alex, a young designer who discovered that one simple decision to talk with stranger could eventually change his life. A Lonely Evening Alex had recently moved to a new city because of his job. Although his new position was exciting, he struggled to make friends. Most evenings were spent alone in his apartment after work. One rainy Friday night, Alex was browsing the internet when he decided to try an Omegle-style random chat experience. He visited omeglechat.online, a browser-based platform where users can connect with strangers through random text or video conversations. The platform allows people to choose a chat mode and start a conversation without creating a complicated profile.
