Roman principates buildings

Juli51

I meant to leave both available all the game or maybe make insulas only available at a certain level, but never disable small villages. You all ways need them fill to the gaps between Insulas, to found new small villages or just to make to whole game more eyecandy.  Just think about actual skyscrapers lonely in the middle of nowhere, almost like "Las Vegas". A civ is a matrix of main cities and small cities around and big buildings are all ways surrounded by small ones.

Edited by Juli51
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Juli51 said:

I meant to leave both available all the game or maybe make insulas only available at a certain level, but never disable small villages. You all ways need them fill to the gaps between Insulas, to found new small villages or just to make to whole game more eyecandy.  Just think about actual skyscrapers lonely in the middle of nowhere, almost like "Las Vegas". A civ is a matrix of main cities and small cities around and big buildings are all ways surrounded by small ones.

I can understand this line of think, but look at it from gameplay point of view. Have 2 different houses with no other effect on gameplay make 1 of them redundant and I am try to remove redundant parts or little use parts from the game. There will always be 1 of the 2 house that are noticeably more efficient to use, so player will alway use that one. Know wha t I mean guy? :) I like your ideas about how the city grows over time and stuff, so I think my idea is the best solution. 10 pop house availablein phase I and ,II then become unavailable in phase III and IV, replace by the option of much more efficient Insula tenement in phase III and IV.

9 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I can understand this line of think, but look at it from gameplay point of view. Have 2 different houses with no other effect on gameplay make 1 of them redundant and I am try to remove redundant parts or little use parts from the game. There will always be 1 of the 2 house that are noticeably more efficient to use, so player will alway use that one. Know wha t I mean guy? :) I like your ideas about how the city grows over time and stuff, so I think my idea is the best solution. 10 pop house availablein phase I and ,II then become unavailable in phase III and IV, replace by the option of much more efficient Insula tenement in phase III and IV.

The Gameplay point of view depends on how the player enjoys the game, if you just want to win at all cost, in a competitive/stressfull game then it's Ok, but I've no fun in building a city but to sustain an army population in a sort of crazy competitiveness, I rather create the army to defend a beautiful city/civ. with wise movements and strategic thinking.  AOE III made the same mistake and I think world war one was almost about the same.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Can be nice ad  that Roman cavalry non barbaric. As spear cavalry. But you can train only a "scuadron".

Spoiler

With the reorganization of the army under Emperor Augustus (r. 27 BC – 14 AD) and his successors, the turma became the basic sub-unit of the cavalry, the rough equivalent of the infantry centuria, both in the auxiliaries, who formed the bulk of the Roman cavalry, and in the legionary cavalry detachments. The auxiliary cohors equitata was a mixed unit combining infantry and cavalry, and existed in two types: the cohors equitata quingenaria, with an infantry cohort of 480 men and 4 turmae of cavalry, and the reinforced cohors equitata milliaria, with 800 infantry and 8 turmae. Likewise, the purely cavalry alae contained either 16 (ala quingenaria) or 24 turmae (ala milliaria).[4][5] Individual turmae of camel-riders (dromedarii) also appear among cohortes equitatae in the Middle East, and Emperor Trajan (r. 98–117) established the first all-camel cavalry unit, the Ala I Ulpia dromedariorum Palmyrenorum.[6]

The turma was still commanded by a decurio, aided by two subaltern principales(under-officers), a sesquiplicarius (soldier with one-and-a-half times pay) and a duplicarius (soldier with double pay), as well as a signifer or vexillarius (a standard-bearer, cf. vexillum). These ranks corresponded respectively with the infantry's tesserarius (officer of the watch), optio, and signifer.[4][7] The exact size of the turma under the Principate, however, is unclear: 30 men was the norm in the Republican army and apparently in the cohortes equitatae, but not for the alae. The De Munitionibus Castrorum, for instance, records that a cohors equitata milliaria numbered exactly 240 troopers, i.e. 30 men per turma,[8] but also gives the number of horses for the ala milliaria, composed of 24 turmae, at 1000.[9] If one subtracts the extra horses of the officers (two for a decurio, one for each of the two subaltern under-officers), one is left with 832 horses, which does not divide evenly with 24. At the same time, Arrian explicitly says that the ala quingenaria counted 512 men,[10] suggesting a size of 32 men for each turma.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen