Jump to content

Wijitmaker

WFG Retired
  • Content Count

    9,654
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by Wijitmaker

  1. Yeah, I'd keep the solution simple. Just lower these particular boats down into the ground plane a little bit more and re-export. The water won't go over the "deck". I don't think opened hulled fishing boats are worth the realism and extra tax on the gpu. Boats and water look outstanding IMHO: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16669&st=200#entry266077
  2. The art team has a closed branch of SVN that they store all their original assets in. If you have something in mind, I'm sure one of the folks here could point you to it's location on our server and share it with you.
  3. I just payed our server fee. Current balance is: $5,650.70 USD
  4. Are you guys referencing this data to help make the decision? http://feedback.wild.../report/opengl/ http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13784
  5. Awesome work my friend. A few questions. The 0 A.D. development team has discussed abandoning some of the old rendering code. I wonder if this might affect your efforts? If your playing 0 A.D. on a tablet with a touch screen how do you do a right click command like a mouse would do? I'm excited to try this in the future
  6. I know there was some recent discussion about this... but what about allowing the currently flat sea plane to have an elevation map. I'm sure you would up the number of quads, to render - but I guess polygons aren't a bit deal anymore. You could have a toggle in atlas to modify either the terrain elevation with the tools - or the water elevation. This seems to be a relatively simple of a solution. I know someone must have thought of it before and there might be some cons. I don't know why it just occurred to me now after all these years.
  7. This is the best I think we have: http://www.wildfireg...ritomartus3.jpg Shoot Brendan an email though - I bet he would be excited to see how your using his art and happy to give you a higher quality image. http://brendankeough...ge24/index.html (email at the bottom)
  8. All the original files are here: http://www.wildfiregames.com/users/files/images/Loadscreen/ Ask a WFG person nicely and they could log in and upload something like this: http://www.wildfiregames.com/users/files/images/Loadscreen/mmbackground.png
  9. Thanks for the credits for the Italian graphics. Nice work so far, keep it up
  10. Here are some files for you to play with while you wait horse_animations.zip The horse model was made out of a biped skeletal structure. At the time this was created, we only were able to use biped and character studio.
  11. All of the animal max files are available to artists here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art/trunk/art/meshes/skeletal/animals Maybe somebody would be kind enough to zip some of those up for you. For movement, there is a run animation and a walk animation... unfortunately the game doesn't have running anymore so the run animation is rarely (if ever) seen.
  12. This is news to me... I thought the export was tested and worked? What problems are you guys having now? At this point though... Unless someone is really interested in getting this sorted out, I don't think I have the motivation or energy to trouble shoot further as it seems nobody else has the heart for preserving the old models and animations. I think it is probably a waste of my time seeing that most the the art department has their eyes fixed on new models and animations. So, go for it guys
  13. Aye, I think Michael's has pinpointed it here. Do the parent export selected while selecting the parent model and the dummy helper object. Do the child/prop export by selecting the prop only for export. Note that the child position on export is relative to the world coordinate system, not the prop point - so you may have to adjust it accordingly.
  14. Correct, standard helper objects work just fine. The tools mentioned in the wiki are prior to the .dae conversion. They were for directly exporting to .pmd and .psa formats. Now the game engine automatically converts .dae models and animations for you to the pyrogenesis format.0 A.D. artists (like me) used to use Max before the current wave of blender artists joined the team. Your 3ds Max art should be fully compatabile with the game engine. If you run into issues, shoot me a PM and point me to a thread and I'll try my best to help out. Animated textures (I think that feature was recently added for waterfalls?) would sure look nice on those tank tracks
  15. I've used anything from R3 to 2012. Let me know if you have any issues, I'll try my best to help.
  16. How about instead of trying to using .dae files - you may be interested in the original .max files? What files are you after, what are you trying to do?
  17. bah.. I tried too, something is wrong. Here is some html code:
  18. Couldn't you just save the image locally and then re-attach it the image to the first post in your topic?
  19. You can email the developer Tim here (say Hi for me while your at it): tim@debuggable.com
  20. Current balance as of today is $5,102.25 USD
  21. In early design documents - the female citizens of the celts were the only females capable of fighting to defend themselves vs the behavior of the other civs. Celtic females were also not capturable. The other civ's female citizens would automatically flee to the nearest civil center and garrison themselves when an enemy came within their LOS. If a female citizen could be isolated to where no other male units were in their capture aura, their capture timer would begin and if the enemy was persistent their allegiance would change after X number of seconds.
  22. Just wanted to say that I was in your gent's area a few years ago visiting Sovereign Hill with my wife. We had a great time - we loved that area that you are in
×
×
  • Create New...