if new game: last map setting is forgotten

seeh

i never play (nearly never) play

Skirmish from Map type. (BTW (by the way) i usually select/play Random from Map type).

But very often it snaps to "Select Skirmish from Map type".

Reasons?:

is it snapping to Skirmish if i do changes at the hotkey? Or some other possible reasons?

6 hours ago, vladislavbelov said:

Are you able to reproduce the problem without mods?

i was not able to reproduce it.

I just know that it has happened to me more than once (over the years or months , sometimes). now i tried to get this message from autociv again (from yesterday). but didn't come back. i was disable attackRange hotkey and enabled but now no problem anymore.

BTW sometimes i have 0ad two times running and the user-config in an editor at same time.

BTW  i found the place where its stored:

data/config/matchsettings.json (so maybe good idea to backup this or enabe a fileWatcher for this)

again. hmm.

i have opened:

1 studio code.
2 opened file data/mods/public/simulation/data/settings/game_speeds.json (did nothing)
3 started singe game and it was skirmish hmmm

set to random

did all the stuff again, but now stayed at random. hmm

Edited by seeh

15 hours ago, seeh said:

data/config/matchsettings.json (so maybe good idea to backup this or enabe a fileWatcher for this)

There is not such file in the repository. If it's a config file in a user folder, then it isn't meant to be tracked.

6 hours ago, seeh said:

1 studio code.
2 opened file data/mods/public/simulation/data/settings/game_speeds.json (did nothing)

So the issue happens only when the file is opened in an editor?

53 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

So the issue happens only when the file is opened in an editor?

no. i dont think so. sorry it's so complicated. anyway it's not a serious problem. I guess it happens more often when I'm doing any development work on mods or directly on the 0ad mod (e.g. changing maximum replay speed). If I find something else, I'll post it here again. maybe it will suddenly become clear.

53 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:
16 hours ago, seeh said:

There is not such file in the repository. If it's a config file in a user folder, then it isn't meant to be tracked.

really?

/home/me/git/0a26/binaries/data/config/matchsettings.json

oh yes. i did not found it.
this is it not https://github.com/0ad/0ad/blob/master/binaries/data/mods/public/gui/gamesetup/Pages/GameSetupPage/Panels/Chat/ChatMessages/GameSettingsChanged.js

:/ but its there at my PC. and content is changing if i change the setup. hmmm. funny

so it will be dynamically created. as a store of last config

of found it here also:

https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/95938-when-creating-new-match-get-error-messages-failed-to-load-gui-xml-page-and-other-messages-ubuntu-2004-zhu-version/?do=findComment&comment=524599

Edited by seeh