Keeping several SVN compiled versions separated?

Player of 0AD

I compiled Alpha 25 and the most recent dev version to test A26. So, I play them both, but obviously they share some files. Each time I change version I need to activate / deactivate mods, which is annoying. The options are also shared and the A26 options interfere with A25. Right now this seems fine but I can imagine that this leads to problems in the future.

Long speach, short question: Is there a possibility to compile the dev version next time on a separated location on my machine so it doesnt share any files with A25?

7 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

Is there a possibility to compile the dev version next time on a separated location on my machine so it doesnt share any files with A25?

Even if the program files are at different locations, both versions of the game will always look at ~/.local/share/0ad/mods for mods files and ~/.config/0ad/config for configurations, which will result in clashes. So if you can find a way to change the directory where the engine tries to search for mods and configs then the problem will be resolved. :) 

I haven't been able to find this line of code yet...