Future of 0 A.D.

Stan`

On 02/04/2022 at 12:40 AM, Stan` said:

Dear community,

as you know, Alpha 26 is nigh. We've all seen the topic for determining its name and the speculations on what happens after this release.

Today we want to announce to you that a decision has been made regarding the future of 0 A.D. Due to the lack of letters in the alphabet following this release, we've decided that Alpha 26 will be the last release of 0 A.D.

We thank you for your support and wish you all the best!

Kind regards,

Wildfire Games

Just to clarify, do you mean that after Alpha 26 there will be no further development put into the game, or do you mean there will be no more "Alpha" stage development as you wish not to double up on the 26 letters of the alphabet, and therefore will be shifting into Beta phase? Personally, I hope for the latter, as I find this game very enjoyable and am sorry that I do not have the technical skills, nor funds, to assist in making sure it continues in development and grows to meet its full potential.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SettlersIVGold said:

Just to clarify, do you mean that after Alpha 26 there will be no further development put into the game, or do you mean there will be no more "Alpha" stage development as you wish not to double up on the 26 letters of the alphabet, and therefore will be shifting into Beta phase? Personally, I hope for the latter, as I find this game very enjoyable and am sorry that I do not have the technical skills, nor funds, to assist in making sure it continues in development and grows to meet its full potential.

Look at the date, it was a joke. ;-)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SettlersIVGold said:

I saw stan's post in April 11, 

On 11/04/2022 at 9:15 AM, leopard said:

Due to the lack of letters in the alphabet following this release

If this part was a bit convincing, I would have fell for the April fools joke. 

Edited by leopard