Feature Request: Hero Select for Regicide Games

It would be cool if there was an option to select your hero when playing a regicide game.  I recently played regicide on a water map and chose the Athenians, hoping I would get the naval Hero.  I didn't.

I am no programmer but I've thought of 2 selection ideas:

1. Select from the Game Lobby.  
  2. Allow to instantly produced from the Civic Center when in Regicide game mode. 

I don't know which is harder to program.

Thanks for reading

• Like 1

The problem is the victory conditions are set before the hero can be recruited then. So one needs to change some map scripts as well. Something like DEs hero selection screen sounds like you want.

For instantly produced from the CC, one can apply a tech that reduces the train time/resources and changes the phase requirement (I do not know the latter is possible, actually).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Freagarach said:

The problem is the victory conditions are set before the hero can be recruited then. So one needs to change some map scripts as well. Something like DEs hero selection screen sounds like you want.

For instantly produced from the CC, one can apply a tech that reduces the train time/resources and changes the phase requirement (I do not know the latter is possible, actually).

I like the Hero selection for that mode.

On 29/10/2021 at 12:18 AM, Freagarach said:

I just saw that selection screen on @ValihrAnt's video - very cool!

• Thanks 1