King Arthur - The Movie

Wijitmaker

Well I saw today that the first teaser trailer is out, you can view it here:

http://www.kingarthurmovie.com/

Many of you know I'm really looking forward to this movie. I'll post my thoughts from the trailer.

1) Kiera Knightly is hot ;)

2) I think they did a good job of capturing the environment of the dark ages in Briton

2) The Imperial Roman armor on a supposed Samartian discusts me :S

3) Arthur (Clive Owen) doesn't seem to fit the shoes of the epic figure of Arthur.

4) The narration and text overlays suck :thumbdown:

Anyway, looking forward to it, and I thought some of you might want to check the trailer out :)

I'm looking forward to this movie big time, even though the history is completely screwed :P I mean armor from 100 AD in the late 400s? And what is he doing in legionnary armor on a horse armored like that of a clibinari????? Picts with recurved bows?? Didn't you have to go to the Ukraine to find those at that time? :)

That said, I am interested in seeing how it turns out ;)

Hopefully Clive Owen will do good as 007 :S

Epic History Films I'm Watching:

Troy

King Arthur

Gladiator 2 - just a title to tie it in, same characters/world but no Russel Crowe or gladiators

Joan of Arc movie - Derek Jacobi is in it

Hannibal - with Vin Deisel :P

Alexander the Great - ;)

City of Heaven - Russel Crowe sword flick it seems :S

Possible Thermopolyae movie - Mythos told me about it, Bruce Willis as Leonidas maybe :)

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!!

I think there is 2 alexander the great movies comming out. One with collin farrel and angelina jolie, and one with Leanerdo (you know that guy that jr. high girls adore).

What a time to be alive indeed :) This will also be good for 0 A.D.! When you mention Hannibal people with think of the general and not the cannible.

The pity with historical hollywood movies is that they aren't historical.

The idea of making an Arthur movie based on historical fact is great, and what do they do? Mess up historical fact and do it all incorrectly. Yay!

Movie I'm going to see in theatres? Nope.

It appears to be the same with all other historical movies. I will see Troy though, since that's based on a legend and not history. I can mind a bit of story butchering there :)

And though Derek Jacobi is a very good actor, I'm not sure how that Jeanne d'Arc movie will turn out. Too many I saw were horrible, especially the Messenger, which portrayed Jeanne as a psychotic unrealistic girl who looked like she was drunk.

Never heard of this.

Troy

King Arthur

Gladiator 2 - just a title to tie it in, same characters/world but no Russel Crowe or gladiators

Joan of Arc movie - Derek Jacobi is in it

Hannibal - with Vin Deisel

Alexander the Great -

City of Heaven - Russel Crowe sword flick it seems

Possible Thermopolyae movie - Mythos told me about it, Bruce Willis as Leonidas maybe

Of this ones, ive only heard of this: Joan of Arc movie - Derek Jacobi is in it---- seen it

what are the other ?

• 1 month later...