Any way to view 0 AD models in Blender or other 3d programs?

Verethragna

Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity, as someone trying to learn 3d modeling and modding for 0 ad, let's just say I want to make alterations to models from the game or ensure my custom made models match 0ad's graphic style; is it possible to be able import the character models in 0 AD in software like Blender or other 3d programs?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the plugins @Stan`! Much appreciated!

Now, I should note that I am currently using Mac OS. I am trying to find the directory for the base game's models, but I can't seem to find them? I've searched the game's location on the Library folder in the mac directory and even the app itself (using show package contents) and nothing comes up?

Any idea where they could be placed for the mac build of the game?

9 minutes ago, Verethragna said:

Thanks for the plugins @Stan`! Much appreciated!

Now, I should note that I am currently using Mac OS. I am trying to find the directory for the base game's models, but I can't seem to find them? I've searched the game's location on the Library folder in the mac directory and even the app itself (using show package contents) and nothing comes up?

Sadly it doesn't work with the release version of the game you need the developpment version as I was not able to write an importer for pmd / psa.

5 minutes ago, Verethragna said:

If you downloaded the game from the website, you will find your 0AD app in your application folder. To access it, you need to right-click and select "Show Package Contents", then navigate to /Applications/0ad.app/Contents/Resources/data/mods/public/public.zip

All the files you would need are in this zip folder.

desk12.thumb.jpg.bc27714a4b74c9aacdf09203db279b1f.jpg

You could also use trac and navigate to the file you need.

trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public

1 hour ago, Langbart said:

If you downloaded the game from the website, you will find your 0AD app in your application folder. To access it, you need to right-click and select "Show Package Contents", then navigate to /Applications/0ad.app/Contents/Resources/data/mods/public/public.zip

All the files you would need are in this zip folder.

desk12.thumb.jpg.bc27714a4b74c9aacdf09203db279b1f.jpg

You could also use trac and navigate to the file you need.

trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public

Thanks! And I just looked it up and as Stan mentioned, the .dae files are not present in the release build (which I have installed) and are in the dev build. As such there are pmd files where the .dae files would be. I don't think Blender works with pmd's/psa's.

27 minutes ago, Verethragna said:

Thanks! And I just looked it up and as Stan mentioned, the .dae files are not present in the release build (which I have installed) and are in the dev build. As such there are pmd files where the .dae files would be. I don't think Blender works with pmd's/psa's.

Yes, you are right. The .dae files are changed to .pmd files when packaged, I did not consider that for the bundle version. You can get the files from trac as mentioned before or you could download the development version, then you will have all the .dae files on your mac. See wiki/BuildInstructionsGettingTheCode.

• 6 months later...
Hello everyone, will you have the quadruped animations? I have created some quadrupeds that I want to add to the game to test, and I want to save some time and use the animations already in the game and take advantage of the rig, thank you very much in advance

Hello everyone, will you have the quadruped animations? I have created some quadrupeds that I want to add to the game to test, and I want to save some time and use the animations already in the game and take advantage of the rig, thank you very much in advance