Proposal: Replacing old textures and in-game assets with newer ones; Changeable Entity Values on Map Editor.

While making my own custom scenario using the Polar Sea map in the editor (since you still can't change the values and parameters of entities and objects there) I noticed a notable amount of the props and eyecandies are not exactly up to date, and some don't even look usable due to their appearance (structure props). Also, some of the Ptolemic and Sparta buildings have that ground texture that seemed out of place compared to the rest of the buildings of it's faction. (e.g. dirt ground from House and marble ground on Temple).

I was wondering whether there are any plans to remove and replace them altogether in the next update or two? And also making any further upgrades for the map editor in a way that mapmakers don't have to use the javascript just to alter the property values of units, structures, other entities. Especially the trigger node objects and event scripts, I am unable to touch them mainly because I'm a total stranger to JS codes and how they work.

Attached Image is my suggestion for editing the properties of an entity unit as well as a list of status effects I have come up with.

0AD unit parameter edit.png

2 hours ago, legendEx said:

While making my own custom scenario using the Polar Sea map in the editor (since you still can't change the values and parameters of entities and objects there) I noticed a notable amount of the props and eyecandies are not exactly up to date, and some don't even look usable due to their appearance (structure props). Also, some of the Ptolemic and Sparta buildings have that ground texture that seemed out of place compared to the rest of the buildings of it's faction. (e.g. dirt ground from House and marble ground on Temple).

I was wondering whether there are any plans to remove and replace them altogether in the next update or two? And also making any further upgrades for the map editor in a way that mapmakers don't have to use the javascript just to alter the property values of units, structures, other entities. Especially the trigger node objects and event scripts, I am unable to touch them mainly because I'm a total stranger to JS codes and how they work.

Attached Image is my suggestion for editing the properties of an entity unit as well as a list of status effects I have come up with.

0AD unit parameter edit.png

Very interesting points I believe some terrain textures might be updated for alpha 25 but these things need to be further discussed  @wraitii @Freagarach @vladislavbelov @FeXoR @trompetin17

Not just terrain textures, I'm also referring to (very old) textures and 3D designs of buildings from a few factions (namely the Persians, they look very old compared to other factions);

The ground terrain texture that are a part of some buildings (ptol houses, etc.) and most of all the props and eyecandy objects; many of the props when you select them on map editor they are either under the ground or floating in the air, some boat objects have them underwater instead of floating on the water surface.

The Cliff objects are basically just a single sheet compared to one that I actually liked using (furrowed cliff), and many other object actors/entities that needed to be looked at.

All in all, I wish for a more uniformed and standardized 3d design and textures for objects. The maurian and kush buildings are among the most uniform in terms of design and texture while the Persian ones simply looked dated and flat. And the Ptol and Spartan buildings have those dirt and stone ground textures attached to some of the buildings.

Eyecandies and Props not only should have some more polygons on them, they should also be more better looking so they can be used for making custom maps and scenarios, and instead of props being basically yanked out of the main object, each part should be separate and usable (e.g. Selecting a 'Sword Weapon' prop will give you a sword that's half buried on the ground, so instead of that it should be a sword standing on a rack or a set of swords on a rack.; Selecting a prop of some building will give you pieces of that building that is composed of the metal or wooden parts of that building even if half of them are floating or half-buried, so instead of that the specific prop should be separated into several selectable parts; A standing metal door, misc set of tools on a table or in an open crate with a few barrels filled with equipment or resources close enough to be regarded as a single large object, Metal ornament/s that's not floating in the air or half-buried, A wooden boat/ship that can float in the water instead of floating in the air, etc.)