Some animations are broken (gathering and other)

Mr.lie

1. All ranged infantry units (archer, javelinist, crossbow) doing their first shot without ammo, not only the athenians_javelin)

2. the two actors "hero_infantry_archer_ashoka" and "hero_infantry_archer_amanirenas" are broken:

ashoka.thumb.png.6b3140b422286a9ab2e14d3fce9fb782.png

amanirenas.thumb.png.fcca6bc7d303681a6a2000d5a8644e4b.png

can be quick-fixed by changing

<prop actor="props/units/weapons/bow_recurve.xml" attachpoint="weapon_L"/>

<prop actor="props/units/weapons/bow_bamboo_long.xml" attachpoint="weapon_L"/>

to

<prop actor="props/units/weapons/bow_recurve.xml" attachpoint="weapon_bow"/>

<prop actor="props/units/weapons/bow_bamboo_long.xml" attachpoint="weapon_bow"/>

:)

• Mr.lie changed the title to Some animations are broken (gathering and other)
1 hour ago, Stan` said:

Should be fixed now.

1. Seems to be an issue with programming :/

3. Can only be fixed by Alexandermb

1. Maybe the old actorfiles from Trinketos, where he added the following, can be a starting-point to solve this issue:

grafik.thumb.png.df1392479e701102e2c6a2e9403f4d68.png

but the issue with this is that the actors wouldn't release the jav in the animation

2 hours ago, Stan` said:

Should be fixed now.

1. Seems to be an issue with programming :/

3. Can only be fixed by Alexandermb

to 1.:

playing a bit with the attack_ranged_javelinist.xml in the following manner ...

grafik.thumb.png.78a84e50506de4eb0fd77790e5a4b5a4.png

... seems to be a possible solution

the actor starts with a javelin, but getting the next ammo now doesn't match :(

On 7/8/2020 at 8:31 PM, Stan` said:

Ja. Mit Git Du kannst  seinen Änderungen hochladen auf Github. I can give you access :)

Hello Stan,

i've clone the milleniumad-repository and create local on my computer a branch "gameplay-a24". For the first i have change milleniumad so that it will start without errors. Therefore i have marked mainmenu_milleniumad.js and session_milleniumad.js marked as deleted (mainmenu_milleniumad.js.DELETED and session_milleniumad.js.DELETED) because except the mods milleniumad, terra_magna and aristea no more mods has this files and i was not able to figure out whether this files throws an error starting the game.

For the first step i have correct the "Norse" to keep them playable with a24:

milleniumad_norse.thumb.png.f6297ffb31ffcefb9efe36192270ba9f.png

i've clone the repository and create a branch "gameplay-a24" local on my computer:

milleniumad_gameplay.thumb.png.d43e6db8ee0bbdf7bc2a9b1cb63d725c.png

What have i and/or you to do next?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.lie said:

Hello Stan,

i've clone the milleniumad-repository and create local on my computer a branch "gameplay-a24". For the first i have change milleniumad so that it will start without errors. Therefore i have marked mainmenu_milleniumad.js and session_milleniumad.js marked as deleted (mainmenu_milleniumad.js.DELETED and session_milleniumad.js.DELETED) because except the mods milleniumad, terra_magna and aristea no more mods has this files and i was not able to figure out whether this files throws an error starting the game.

For the first step i have correct the "Norse" to keep them playable with a24:

milleniumad_norse.thumb.png.f6297ffb31ffcefb9efe36192270ba9f.png

i've clone the repository and create a branch "gameplay-a24" local on my computer:

milleniumad_gameplay.thumb.png.d43e6db8ee0bbdf7bc2a9b1cb63d725c.png

What have i and/or you to do next?

@Stan`

Thank you for working on this. I will look at in threads by here on forums by @Nescio e.g. how to mod or look at https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Modding_Guide

55 minutes ago, asterix said:

Therefore i have marked mainmenu_milleniumad.js and session_milleniumad.js marked as deleted (

Yeah those need to be replaced by something else, for the code has changed since then.

Thanks for your work I believe you could try to merge :)

On 7/10/2020 at 5:18 PM, Mr.lie said:

The animation "attack_ranged" of actors "cavalry_archer_* (persians) are completely disharmonic:

it looks really ugly ... :D

I think i have to correct this. It seems, the animations are correct, but Atlas makes the difference playing the animation with the entity or with the actor. Please take a look at the video: first i play the animation with the entity, then with the related actor. Except the fact, that the actor starts without a ammo, all seems to be fine.