===[TASK]=== Crowd Sourced - Judeans (Hasmonean) [Faction]

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Synagogue Gamla Synagogue Houses   Some symbols https://www.jstor.org/stable/1452524?read-now=1&seq=10#page_scan_tab_contents    

That's because some traders asked unfair prices. An unfair scale is actually one of the things God hates. And a temple is no place for doing bussiness, fair or unfair. He also fulfilled a prophecy doi

J  U  D  E  A  N  S  (Hasmonean Dynasty) Download Repository: https://github.com/0ADMods/judeans  

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

What I am thinking is that the houses may have been painted white or a light colour once upon a time.

If you can teach me how to edit the textures .png files that would help me a lot. 

first you have to research, first rule of design.

Then you must either imitate what you see or get it out of your imagination.

But first you must know the material you are designing.

These houses are made of stone.

1 minute ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

first you have to research, first rule of design.

Then you must either imitate what you see or get it out of your imagination.

But first you must know the material you are designing.

These houses are made of stone.

KK

I have a rough idea of what their houses look like now. But I can't edit the png and dds files, unless you teach me. 

Stone houses - houses need to cost stone?! That sounds difficult. These people are already short on stone anyways. 

12 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

KK

I have a rough idea of what their houses look like now. But I can't edit the png and dds files, unless you teach me. 

Stone houses - houses need to cost stone?! That sounds difficult. These people are already short on stone anyways. 

I want to see the houses in Jerusalem, they are different.

I use Photoshop, the rest of the team uses GIMP.

Units from Herods.

Herod always placed an importance on cavalry, and tried to always deploy them at a 1:5 relation to the infantry. Herod’s ‘sebastenoi’ was deployed at 500 cavalry and 3,000 cavalry, 1:6, however the Roman assistance sent in 57 BCE was 1,000 cavalry and 8,000 infantry, a 1:8 ratio (displaying the lack of importance the Romans placed on cavalry). There is little known about Hero’s cavalry but it almost definitely included cataphracts, in addition the light cavalry we do know of. There is evidence of a cavalry unit of 500 in the Babylonian fashion (fast, and carrying a bow), under the command of Zamaris.

Herod’s infantry formed the bulk of his army, and was highly effective. The infantry was formed mostly by both light and heavy infantry, with little usage of medium infantry. The light infantry was mostly Itruraean archers, which were apparently well known across the middle east and the heavy infantry were mostly Jewish, armed in the Roman fashion. The ‘sebastenoi’ have been discussed at length already but basically they were 3,000 heavy infantry that were armed almost identically to the Romans (and after Herod’s death they formed Roman auxiliaries).

https://onlyphysics.org/the-army-of-herod-the-great-39-bce-4-bce-roman-army-jewish-troops/