This Particular Composer Is Back..

Vaevictis_Music

Last we heard from our intrepid musician, he was preparing to travel to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; quite a daunting task for a European. Well, he's all happy and settled, but without Internet.

Well, I've managed to find an Internet cafe now, and look at you! You've made a lot of progress since I left. So many new members. And this forum rocks - how do I get '0 A.D. Soundtrack Composer' as my title?

Ah well, I'll contribute with the newest mp3 tomorrow or the day after that, just to prove that I have actually doing something out of the swimming pool. Stay alert..

PS. They have cool license plates down here - one of the first days I saw a "WFG 6114". I hope it isn't a portent of when 0 A.D. will be finished..

I'll return shortly.

V.

Anyone ever played the old game called "Rise and Ruler of Ancient Empires." It really wasn't that great of a game, except one point: The Music. Great stuff.

LOL! I've played the demo to that retarded game! I don't remember the music tho...:)

About that 2nd Hellenistic battle theme, it seems to die abruptly...

There's a somewhat technical explanation for that - it has to do with the mp3 format adding a tiny, tiny bit of silence to a track when you encode it - so you can't loop it now without having a small gap - but when the music is implemented, it will use the .ogg format, so it shouldn't be a problem.

. . if that's what you meant :)