Total war style Fighting animations.

SonOfStone

I've been studying the animation system for some time and it got me to thinking. Would it be possible to implement a simple system where a  melee unit has a chance to hit or miss their opponent, and if they hit or miss have the appropriate animation play?

obviously it would be very difficult for animations like this, so it would be much easier just to have the other swordsman dodge the hit if the enemy misses.

I think you would have to designate the hit or miss ratio in the UnitAI script, and have each unit perform their calculations, and then the animation after it decides if it hits or misses. 

is this possible? 

Hello @SonOfStone and welcome to the forums,

That's the good thing with open-source software, everything is doable. It would be a bit tricky to implement, but anyone with patience and some c++ and JavaScript knowledge
should be able to pull this off. It might include significant work on xml files as well but since we use an inheritance system, shouldn't be more than 50 files to tweak to do what you want.
You'll likely have to tweak UniAI.js.

You might even not need c++ after all.

• Like 1