==[Task]== Thureos design for Seleucids

Lion.Kanzen

20 minutes ago, Stan` said:

How do you know it's yours?

6KPP8Wa.png

have my little mistakes.

RPkSAaE.pngimage.png.854fc0f2583cd3d9e5f73aeeaa986682.png

image.png.75187cbf400e83b69c3ad9152483316b.png

TASK]=== Ptolemaic shields and unit props - Page 3 - Official ...

you can see

the original I pass some details I didn't like.

Task]== Thureos design for Seleucids - Official tasks - Wildfire ...

other people work are more different.

Spoiler

Steam Workshop :: Dominus's Seleucid EmblemSteam Workshop :: Seleucid emblem v2Channel screen/intro help with Blender - Page 2 - Introductions ...

image.png.79790afb1b97a9818214e08ac204c639.png

my own teachers doesn't let me pass some little geometric mistakes like these.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

The anchor, bee, elephant, and eagle with thunderbolts in its talons were all royal symbols. Hellenistic kings liked displaying their own heads on their coins, often with a diadem. Invoking Alexander the Great was popular as well; the horse you're remaking is probably Alexander's horse Bucephales, the name means “ox-head”, hence the horns. Various gods and heroes were also frequently depicted, e.g.

Spoiler

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Antiochos_I_Soter_Ai_Khanoum_mint.jpg

A coin of Antiochos I Sōtēr (r. 281–261); head of Herakles wearing the skin of the Nemean Lion; and his bowcase-with-bow and famous club on the other side.

However, a word of caution. Imagery on coinage was royal propaganda. Extrapolating symbols from coins to shield patterns is not necessarily a good idea.

The few depictions we have of thureoi suggest much plainer designs. Here are two famous painted Hellenistic tombstones from Sidon, Lebanon, now in the İstanbul Archaeological Museum:

Spoiler

https://www.livius.org/site/assets/files/58030/sidon_tomb_salmomedes_iam1-1.jpg

Sidon, Funerary stele of Dioscurides

• Like 2

yes, Alexander the great will be more dificult to made as Theuros / Thyreus even as Aspid will be difficult probably full colo and No alpha as we are doing with Alexander Morgado Blanco.

32 minutes ago, Nescio said:

The anchor, bee, elephant, and eagle with thunderbolts in its talons were all royal symbols.

you have Examples of this bee?

the thunders are difficult to made from a coin so I need probably another source.

Just now, Nescio said:

There is one on the coin you posted earlier, above the Λ in the word ΒΑΣΙΛΕΩΣ:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/Siria,_seleucidi,_seleuco_I,_tetradracma_di_pergamo,_281-280_ac_ca.JPG

Nonetheless, I'm not sure it's appropiate to use symbols on coins for shield patterns.

Is difficult have total accuracy and the portraits show same design.

we are work this later we need Alexander generates the material from procedural process so we are work in rounded aspis for now.

On 4/28/2020 at 8:34 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Reveal hidden contents

Steam Workshop :: Dominus's Seleucid EmblemSteam Workshop :: Seleucid emblem v2Channel screen/intro help with Blender - Page 2 - Introductions ...

image.png.79790afb1b97a9818214e08ac204c639.png

Duuude, that green one  is one I made! Small internet amirite!? XD

More seriously, it does seem like a lot of period art depicting the thureos show it kinda plain with no designs. But remember that we just recently upgraded the Seleucids to having painted armor.  If that is accurate, and the Seleucids did paint their armor, who knows that they actually did with their shields?  Personally, I like having the Anchor and Eagle (for the Ptolemies) on the shield, because it gives a visual cue at a glance who these spearmen belong to.  Unless we can differentiate the outfits of both spearmen more drastically.

Edited by Phalanx
I'm screwing up the formatting ( I think I got it this time)