Detailed Build order with Gauls

Alekusu

Other important thing: the BO can be used by general factions. But the goals for the next Phase are some differents.

I can make some rush with Romans in Phase 2, but I don't think it's efective like the Gauls for exemple. The gauls can rush your enemy in Phase I and I belive it's possible finish a match. But with Romans I don't think the same thing.

How I discuss with you, maybe the Romans are best for later game and I need think stretegys conquest more territory (I love Romans and love rush and fast games, it's hard tell it). Maybe we can discuss about it. How factions are more strongers for early, mid, later game? What's an early , mid and later game? We know, but are conecpts no defined yet.

Mauryan can perform good

Rush es with Atcher, With Ptolemies And Seleucids you can be fast expansionist the other are mid later or average. Persian and Gauls have good farmland and economy.

Mauryan can perform good for early, mid or later?

My idea is make a review more deep. For exemple, in my opinion the Romans has a bad early game, because don't have spearmen for defense against cavalry rushs, don't have an efficient calvary to make a rush, the spearmen cav. have a good attack, but it's very slow, your rate attack is 2.25. The mid game I think it's normal, you open the ranged cav. and spearmen, but don't have any special. The late game is better you have upgrades to more vision, good siege weapons and units.

This is little part of my idea, I create a topic to discuss this differences like a compendium with more details, like strategys, analises of units, BO and others infos. This is the topic, if you and Alekusu want we can discuss things there. The first problem is the parameters.

Strong civ phase 1 (early) --> Civ that have archers or slingers (britons, athenes, ptolemes, etc)
Strong civ phase 2 (mid) --> Civ that have access to sword cav / archer cav / chariot (Celts / athenes / Mauryan / Persians etc)
Strong civ phase 3 (late) --> I have no Idea yet ^^ but I'd say strong fortress, good siege, good champions --> Romans

Strong civ phase 1 (early) --> Civ that have archers or slingers (britons, athenes, ptolemes, etc)

Strong civ phase 2 (mid) --> Civ that have access to sword cav / archer cav / chariot (Celts / athenes / Mauryan / Persians etc)

Strong civ phase 3 (late) --> I have no Idea yet ^^ but I'd say strong fortress, good siege, good champions --> Romans

Mauryans have good archery in game you can boost wood/archery production, but their sperman are weak.

Iberians have the most quickly Champions Infantry, they can perform a massacre in enemy land.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Mauryans have good archery in game you can boost wood/archery production, but their sperman are weak.

Iberians have the most quickly Champions Infantry, they can perform a massacre in enemy land.

yep, I agree with you for Mauryans, their late game however isn't so strong because their elephants are kind of weak

I'm talking about you need stop for colect 800 food and wood.

I'm using my old BO, but I using your time phasing of 10:30 min. Now, I'm testing this against other players.

I just stop producing from CC but not from Barrack, I have 110 pop when I phase so I'm stocking enought wood and food to phase without stopping production.

Their spearmen are not weak. In fact their spearmen are standard, with exactly the same HP, same armour and attack stats, and same cost as others. And their spearmen are 25% faster to build.

Guys i have a BO for mauryans that i wanted to share, its really agressive and allows you to be ready for almost any rush and be able to rush yourself from 4 minutes and onwards.

So first u send your 4 men with the elephant to a forest

then u build 4 archers with a waypoint to that forest

then u take 3 women and send them to berries

send your cav to collect the chicken once he is finished find him some animals to hunt

and take 1 women to build a house

build 5 spears 1 by 1 and then 1 archer onto the wood

then train 5 women to berries / remember when you finish make them work on a farm

build another house with that one female

train 5 archers

build another house

train another 5 archers or spears depending on how your economy is doing

around min 4 atm

then you train females and put on farms (from now on you continuously train women for farms from cc) and keep building houses maybe add a few females

at the same time you build a barrack (300 wood) make sure you build it near your forest so that the elephant can hurry up the build while acting like a storehouse

and from that barracks keep training onto wood

then build more barracks

4 is a gd number of barracks to have

If you are interested to know more about it tell me, but this is just a sort of rough template if any wants to learn how to do it / or improve it, how i do it usually depends on the other player and the map :P

NOTE: at the moment once i finish training those two batches of archers i usually send them to harrass my enemy in that case i build on more batch of spears onto wood and then i continue in the same way,

While harassing remember to attack females when they are alone, never engage a army of soldiers that u dont outnumber by alot

if so leave

they will go back to harvesting wood come back a few seconds later and snipe a few of them

when they react

leave again and come back a few seconds later

repeat

if you have done it correctly, you either have done exact amount of damage to enemy as you have done to yourself even better scenario you have done more damage to him then to yourself

and if you people really want it i might make a video for you guys

i am a big fan of very low feminisation and building infantry straight away

Like alekusu said its very important to have a mix between archers and melee but for early harassment please use only archers spears are slow and will die whilst archers are quick and can flee from battle early

But remember this BO is not easy since your conc needs to be full on two diff parts of the map and not forget the other while doing one of them

Edited by LordIgorIIIofKiev

Guys i have a BO for mauryans that i wanted to share, its really agressive and allows you to be ready for almost any rush and be able to rush yourself from 4 minutes and onwards.

send your cav to collect the chicken once he is finished find him some animals to hunt

then train 5 women to berries / remember when you finish make them work on a farm

train 5 archers

build another house

around min 4 atm

then you train females and put on farms (from now on you continuously train women for farms from cc) and keep building houses maybe add a few females

at the same time you build a barrack (300 wood) make sure you build it near your forest so that the elephant can hurry up the build while acting like a storehouse

then build more barracks

If you are interested to know more about it tell me, but this is just a sort of rough template if any wants to learn how to do it / or improve it, how i do it usually depends on the other player and the map :P

NOTE: at the moment once i finish training those two batches of archers i usually send them to harrass my enemy in that case i build on more batch of spears onto wood and then i continue in the same way,

While harassing remember to attack females when they are alone, never engage a army of soldiers that u dont outnumber by alot

if so leave

they will go back to harvesting wood come back a few seconds later and snipe a few of them

when they react

repeat

if you have done it correctly, you either have done exact amount of damage to enemy as you have done to yourself even better scenario you have done more damage to him then to yourself

Like alekusu said its very important to have a mix between archers and melee but for early harassment please use only archers spears are slow and will die whilst archers are quick and can flee from battle early

But remember this BO is not easy since your conc needs to be full on two diff parts of the map and not forget the other while doing one of them

I've played against Lord with this build, I saw Lord with this build, it's a very good one !

Very original and agressive way to play, it will surprise many players.

• Like 1

train 5 archers

build another house

around min 4 atm

then build more barracks

if so leave

when they react

repeat

I retired a few days, but when I will back go test this.

• Like 1

Mauryan can perform good for early, mid or later?

My idea is make a review more deep. For exemple, in my opinion the Romans has a bad early game, because don't have spearmen for defense against cavalry rushs, don't have an efficient calvary to make a rush, the spearmen cav. have a good attack, but it's very slow, your rate attack is 2.25. The mid game I think it's normal, you open the ranged cav. and spearmen, but don't have any special. The late game is better you have upgrades to more vision, good siege weapons and units.

This is little part of my idea, I create a topic to discuss this differences like a compendium with more details, like strategys, analises of units, BO and others infos. This is the topic, if you and Alekusu want we can discuss things there. The first problem is the parameters.

One of the interesting aspects of the Romans, is they are the only civ with a Phase I hack unit, this makes them the potentially fasted civ for destroying enemy buildings, you can kill the enemy buildings without even teching to Phase II. Now granted hack infantry are not that great, but it is interesting that Romans are the only civ for which teching to Town phase is kind of optional, the swords and skirmishers can do everything. While romans don't have any great economic advantages (unlike Celts) you can train a goodly number of swords from your starting 300 metal and the barracks is partly stone, somewhat relieving wood pressure in the early game.

I think part of Roman strategy might be to exploit the ability to kill buildings very early. Killing a couple of houses can really throw off someone's build and might block their unit production for a frustratingly long time. Also it is possible to bumrush a CC and tear it down with roman swords, an opponent might expect they can hide in their CC from such an assault as they could against any other big Phase I attack. So training an unreasonable number of swords instead of teching could end a game very quickly.

One of the interesting aspects of the Romans, is they are the only civ with a Phase I hack unit, this makes them the potentially fasted civ for destroying enemy buildings, you can kill the enemy buildings without even teching to Phase II. Now granted hack infantry are not that great, but it is interesting that Romans are the only civ for which teching to Town phase is kind of optional, the swords and skirmishers can do everything. While romans don't have any great economic advantages (unlike Celts) you can train a goodly number of swords from your starting 300 metal and the barracks is partly stone, somewhat relieving wood pressure in the early game.

I think part of Roman strategy might be to exploit the ability to kill buildings very early. Killing a couple of houses can really throw off someone's build and might block their unit production for a frustratingly long time. Also it is possible to bumrush a CC and tear it down with roman swords, an opponent might expect they can hide in their CC from such an assault as they could against any other big Phase I attack. So training an unreasonable number of swords instead of teching could end a game very quickly.

Totally agree with that.

• 5 years later...