[Linux] Jagged Shoreline

Entarka

Hiya, all.

I seem to have a visual bug: the shorelines I see are consistently jagged (see pics). Jaggedness increses the further the cam is from the ground (first screenshot I'm closer to the ground; second screenshot I'm further away and, as you can see, the alteration is greater). Up until now, I've seen this bug each and every game I played, at any time.

It seems to me that my computer struggles to render water, too: when I have water on screen, it lags more. May be connected to the glitch, may be not. I have low specs, after all.

Is this a known bug?

I attached all the logs I could find. Let me know if more information is needed :)

post-16684-0-03035100-1407533150_thumb.j

post-16684-0-36234200-1407533151_thumb.j

mainlog.html

system_info.txt

interestinglog.html

Yeah, AMD closed drivers are what got me to switch to linux in the first place. They fried my windows install, and they fried my first Mint install too :) Never using them again.

Tried messing with the water settings instead: it seems the culprit is "water real depth". The other water options have no effect on the bug :)

Thanks!

Well that is common reason for sticking with the Mesa driver,also why Nvidia is popular with *nix users even if it is a binary blob it works though.My own issue is with full screen OpenGL apps not playing nice with my dual monitor setup especially on the Cinnamon desktop Mate is OK.

Enjoy the Choice :)

Sorry but what is the difference between this git and the official server ?

Not anything significant. Our hosted git server is automatically updated at http://git.wildfiregames.com/0ad.git/ while the github mirror at https://github.com/0ad/0ad.git has to be manually updated. However, many people prefer the github mirror because github is generally easier to use.