[Campaign Proposal] Hundred Years War

Radagast.

I'm not a friend of splitting the timeframe of 500AD until 1500AD into two parts. As a aim I really wish to push to have a fluent flow of history. The ultimate goal.

Though you are right, strictly spoken, this were to fall into part 2 if we split it. Thanks for the hint.

I want turn based Campaing mode map, not scenarios.

Please, what do you mean? I meant it as a map - perhaps consisting of several maps, that are loaded automatically in sequence (e.g. by a trigger/achievement) or even dynamically if you reach the border.

Then on this map triggers would make the English land on the coast (e.g.). Then the campaign starts taking its course. Will you stop the English? Where will you stop it? Will you allow them to take Lutetia? You never know what would be triggered if the conquered a city? So better stop them early?

But what if you fail?

Is this what you guys and gals imagine?

Edited by Hephaestion

I would certainly like the look and feel of a Total War campaign map, but without the turn-based aspect. Instead of turns, the campaign would be able to be paused to issue orders and other city- or region-wide management. Have any of you guys played Lords of the Realm? It has the look and feel of early Total War, but with real time strategy map. It really is quite a challenging game.

Once armies clash in the campaign map, or if the army is near enemy city for a siege, the player would then have to decide whether to let the AI resolve the battles/ sieges in the prescribed time, or you will be able to play the siege/ battle in real time. I think that would be quite a good campaign template.

Once armies clash in the campaign map, or if the army is near enemy city for a siege, the player would then have to decide whether to let the AI resolve the battles/ sieges in the prescribed time, or you will be able to play the siege/ battle in real time. I think that would be quite a good campaign template.

Sounds like a nice idea. So essentially the campaign would flow (quicker than real time) until a battle is triggered (because of troop movement interference e.g.) and then your decision comes in. Whether to take command yourself or not.

Would it even mean that the map only is loaded if you decide to settle this yourself?

thus this apparently is for non-continuous map campaigns only. Would indeed be nice to be able to trigger map terrain changes, e.g. erase that mountain to free a high mountain pass .. or flood a valley resulting in subdued treasures and buildings .. or close the strait of hormuz because of a giant vulcano eruption.

Probably I overstretch the triggers a bit.