Multi Talented Media Engeneer,

Hello, This is My application to add content and be involved in the development of this game

My application is to Any position that i am found suitable for, i am happy doing multiple things as i have done so in the past

Position: My talents are in Sound editing, Video Editing and Web site Design and Development

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?

Not only do i understand this but i am Over joyed for it

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?

I Am over very happy to abide by this license

Name:

My name is Zion, i am more known by my friends as "Z"

Email:

Zionpaton@gmail.com

MSN Messenger:

I refuse to use MSN for security reasons but i use Skype as Zionsunnycloud and i use Gtalk using the above Email

Australia, Gold coast I live very weird hours due to my personal circumstances

Availability:

I believe i should be able to contribute from 20 - 30 hours a week depending on the task, some tasks burn you out faster than others

I Care for a Mentally Sick person, That wants to play your game!!

Skills and Experience:

I have a Certificate 3 in Multi Media engineering, in short i can comfortable use all Adobe Media Products and Create a product. I have in the past done this work as a freelancer but due to my current situation i have chosen to give it up as a profession I would love to have the flexibility to make some thing amazing while i do something amazing.

Motivation:

I want to do some thing amazing.

Personality:

Imaginative with more plans than years in my life and more dreams than are possible for one life to live.

Short Essay:

How and when did you find out about Wildfire Games? I found out about your site and project when i searched for new indie games looking for volunteers, i have been actively seeking this for the last 3 months with no project i have been willing to apply for.

What motivates you to be a part of the project? I believe my circumstances are the biggest thing that motivates me, i know i am talented, i know i have the ability to do professional work. I want to make something that people all around the world can enjoy.

What do you seek to gain in being a part of Wildfire Games? World Domination..... Realistically i want to gain self achievement been involved in something so great like this. The skills i learn along the way would be great. The biggest thing that i see myself getting out of this is Experience i can share with others.

Interests and Hobbies:

Games and programing PHP, i know it sounds lame but SQL servers and DataBase systems have fascinated me and I love using them they are amazing.

Staff:

Nope i want too, would love to meet all of you.

Community:

I have never involved myself in many communities before, the only one i am involved with is The RobertsSpaceIndustries Forum and this is just fan Forum for the Indie game Star Citizen

Favorite Game:

My Fav Game at this stage i am playing is a toss between Eve online and Renergade-X my all time Fav Game has to be Homworld

Work Examples:

As i have noticed you are looking for a head sound engineer unfortunately i can not provide sound samples of my work as these were on a private contract as most of my work is but with that been said i am more than happy to prove my worth and make some sound files for you.

Welcome to the forums, Since you are talented in website developpement I suggest you go there and pick a task. Search for component : web and do what you want http://trac.wildfiregames.com/report/1

Actually that's a pretty bad idea since there is none of those things he can do without us giving him access first :P So while your willingness to help out by pointing him in the right direction is a good thing, it doesn't help much in this specific case I'm afraid. And most of those things should be quick to do for our current web guy provided we've got a few other things sorted out first. So Zion's help is more useful in other matters anyway :)

Sound is definitely the area where your help would be most appreciated Zion, however, just because it is the area where most help is needed it can also be a bit hard to get things going optimally. We do have another applicant who's been interested in the sound manager position, and I asked the guy who's previously been in charge of sounds to evaluate him, but unfortunately he hasn't had time yet. In either case this situation means that we don't have the full picture on what sounds are needed/which needs to be updated etc. However, we do want lock/unlock sounds for the gates, and I don't think anyone else has been working on those, so if you would like to record one of each of those (you can of course record a couple of variations) that would be great.

Actually that's a pretty bad idea since there is none of those things he can do without us giving him access first :P So while your willingness to help out by pointing him in the right direction is a good thing, it doesn't help much in this specific case I'm afraid. And most of those things should be quick to do for our current web guy provided we've got a few other things sorted out first. So Zion's help is more useful in other matters anyway :)

Sound is definitely the area where your help would be most appreciated Zion, however, just because it is the area where most help is needed it can also be a bit hard to get things going optimally. We do have another applicant who's been interested in the sound manager position, and I asked the guy who's previously been in charge of sounds to evaluate him, but unfortunately he hasn't had time yet. In either case this situation means that we don't have the full picture on what sounds are needed/which needs to be updated etc. However, we do want lock/unlock sounds for the gates, and I don't think anyone else has been working on those, so if you would like to record one of each of those (you can of course record a couple of variations) that would be great.

Noiz

Oh sure... ^^'

I will to asked who is Zion? xD

He says in his application that:

Name:

My name is Zion, i am more known by my friends as "Z"

So I could also have said Z, though personally I find it weird to use just one character to refer to someone, so I used the entire name :)

so a couple of variants of a gate opening and closing, this could be fun!!!

I do need a few things for this task, First of all the length on the clip needed.

also is there a special request for this clip did you want me to do something special with it. or would less be more in this case.

Edited by Noizmaker

so a couple of variants of a gate opening and closing, this could be fun!!!

No, not gate opening and closing, locking/unlocking (i.e. lock sounds), we already have the gate open/close sounds. They might need improving for all I know, but let's start with getting new sounds into the game rather than changing the old ones :)

Glad to have someone working on sound again. The others we've had so far weren't bad, but they had little time available.

That said, I think time is the most important thing you need to work on this game. Since you're from Australia (and most activity is during European evening), and since nobody else is actively working on sounds. You'll also have to be able to work rather independently (learning to work with our sound system).

You won't be added to the team immediately (nobody is), you'll first have to show how you work in all aspects (quality of work, communication, ability to get something done ...)

If you have technical questions, you can drop by on the #0ad-dev IRC channel on QuakeNet (again, there's more response during European evening).

EDIT: just heard the sound. Good start. The pitch is a bit high though, and I wonder if a single sound wouldn't work better in game than those two clicks.

I like the sound, it brings to mind the sound of a metal gate being locked. Could you perhaps try another variation adding a more "woody" sound (for the lack of a better word). Perhaps some sort of thunk of a metal lock hitting wood? (I don't make any of the game's sounds so it's just a suggestion)

I like the sound, it brings to mind the sound of a metal gate being locked. Could you perhaps try another variation adding a more "woody" sound (for the lack of a better word). Perhaps some sort of thunk of a metal lock hitting wood? (I don't make any of the game's sounds so it's just a suggestion)

i will make a iteration just for you give me a little bit it should not take long