Multiplayer feedback

av93

Yehey!! Some things that I had think

- Annoying moving camera : When you press "enter" to speak but there's no click on the dialog box, you press some letters that make you move the camera, it's a little annoying. -> Disallow the letters that make you move the camera while you're with the text box

- Another suggestion related: make the "team only" box checked by default in team games. Normally, when you're playing in games with teams, you don't need to speak with enemy, so making that would make harder to send a wrong message to enemy

- About formations: I know that are being redeisgned (some info?) but some points that could be changed in the current system:

- Make box formation by default. When you have units near the border (turrets, castles) some are killed cause the formation it's very large when you have an important army, making some units trying to defend and die, destroying your strategy.

. Making the way that formations are made by another way. (hard to explain in english for me):

---------------------- <- That's land

--x-------xxxx------ <- X are units

--x-------xxxx-----y <- You select all the units and click on the Y position to move

----x-xxxx-----------y <- some units go back and later...

------------xxxxx--y <- All march to the Y

I suggest that the front units go slowly to the position and then the back units catch the first running, instead of regrouping and going some back.

- And another bug important to multiplayer are that you can see buildings being constructed in explored but no visibles areas. I know that you're aware of that, it just wanted to remember!

-And of course, a lot of improvements that could be made to the lobby, but i think that you have thinked about it: make check boxes for starting the match for players, makethem in skirmish choose civ and teams, unreated games..

Thanks for making that awesome game

av93. :)

I never had that unwanted movement option when I want to type something (except in Atlas).

For team chat, you can just press 'T' instead of 'Enter', as explained in the "Learn to play" manual.

The box won't become the default formation, but behaviour should be a fair bit better now. The guys in formation should run around less than before, and the rotation your new formation will have should be more predictable.

Letting groups join has also changed. They're now clustered per distance. If a group of units is too far away, it will just form a formation on itself, and move to the target. The cutoff is currently 60m. Which is an average vision range.

And you're right that we should show a lot less info on the explored but not visible territories. Not only new buildings, but also stats like building health, attack/armour values ...

I think even in visible areas some things might be better hidden.

An enemy territory border e.g. enables you to walk around his territory without the risk of being attacked by a tower.

IMO only those parts of an enemy players territory should be shown if it restricts your or an allies territory to be expanded.

I also think (and sorry for posting this in a multiplayer feedback) that there should be a shortcut to remove borders from the map (like the alt+g to disable the GUI), this would help with screenshots.

I have not played online multiplayer with the lobby yet, that's mainly because I prefer playing with friends over strangers (this has a lot to do with the fact that I'm really bad at playing) so the option to have private games in the lobby (with a password) would be nice.

Edited by idanwin

I think even in visible areas some things might be better hidden.

An enemy territory border e.g. enables you to walk around his territory without the risk of being attacked by a tower.

IMO only those parts of an enemy players territory should be shown if it restricts your or an allies territory to be expanded.

I think that would add more issues than it would be an improvement, how would you communicate to a player that he can't place a Civic Center somewhere because it's in another player's territory if the territory isn't shown?

I also think (and sorry for posting this in a multiplayer feedback) that there should be a shortcut to remove borders from the map (like the alt+g to disable the GUI), this would help with screenshots.

I have not played online multiplayer with the lobby yet, that's mainly because I prefer playing with friends over strangers (this has a lot to do with the fact that I'm really bad at playing) so the option to have private games in the lobby (with a password) would be nice.

I would like something similar to this, where a teams colour fills in his territory to better see current empires

Ok, the first one happens to me, when I want send messages I need press to input box to write ba use if try do it in otherwise, i press a command instead typing.

"T" key I discovery recent. In each Alpha it's good show key changes.

And last, I have that, all units regrouping is tedious I never like that feature when I select a great number of soldiers. Is aesthetically nice but in combat is not good.