AI builds town-phase buildings before it can access town phase

sanderd17

I just checked the AI. I resigned myself, so I could see the map, and let the AI build from the beginning, and it looks like the AI starts building town-phase structures before they have access to it.

In the first screenshot, you see that the romans have exactly one house, and they start building a defense tower.

In the second and third, the persians have already 4 houses (no other buildings, so still not enough to reach town phase), but they start building a defense tower and barracks.

It happens every time, both with qbot and Aegis bot.

This is the SVN version from feb 7th (which I downloaded to see the beautiful Maurian buildings)

Is this known behaviour?

2013-02-11-155245_1600x900_scrot.png

2013-02-11-160243_1600x900_scrot.png

2013-02-11-160255_1600x900_scrot.png

Is this known behaviour?

Yes :) Both those AI's were created before phases were implemented, so they don't follow the same build restrictions that human players do. While this might sound like an advantage to the AI, they aren't able to research technologies and are therefore at a distinct disadvantage mid-late game.

Yes :) Both those AI's were created before phases were implemented, so they don't follow the same build restrictions that human players do. While this might sound like an advantage to the AI, they aren't able to research technologies and are therefore at a distinct disadvantage mid-late game.

yeah you can destroy when you research almost all technologies. that proves the advantage of Technology Tree.

is this issue in Know Problems topic?.

Yeah, I noted, when you were able to get though the first phases against an AI, you would probably win the game. They also don't seem able to garrison (or at least don't use this a lot).

If this is a known problem, it's all right.

Yeah, I noted, when you were able to get though the first phases against an AI, you would probably win the game. They also don't seem able to garrison (or at least don't use this a lot).

If this is a known problem, it's all right.

if you are Defensive in begining of Game, the tech with Double Arrows is great advantage to hold back to the enemy.[i mean kill them ;) ]