Jump to content

Implementing forces in Unit Motion (HELP WANTED)


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, guerringuerrin said:

I don’t think the elephant jamming is enough of a reason to block this PR. The improvements this work brings are clearly more valuable. In vanilla, we can see greater fluidity due to the overlapping. But the result is not only unrealistic, it also looks ugly. It’s like a snake of fast-moving pachyderms, so light and nimble that a single infantryman can stop them. In this video, I forgot about the enemy’s initial army, so they rushed in to attack the elephants, who ended up getting completely stuck against just four infantry units. 

 

lol, this video makes you realize what a vast improvement this is :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/09/2026 at 2:56 PM, Atrik said:

Unfortunately it's mainly modifications to the game engine itself, meaning it's not possible to wrap into a mod. But I can help out by providing a couple of demo videos for you : (I had to compress the videos)

 

   

 



For testing you will need to know how to compile the game. Which makes things difficult I'm aware.

What a blessing to be able to see those mechanics. 

Can I upload this to TikTok?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said:

Can I upload this to TikTok?

There is no IP on anything here so you can do whatever you want. ^_^

Just note that this is not merged yet so we don't know for certain when it will be part of the game.
It is tested (thanks to those who did!) and ready for next release but the timeline is tight so it really depends on if someone awesome pick it up for review.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Atrik said:

It is tested (thanks to those who did!) and ready for next release but the timeline is tight so it really depends on if someone awesome pick it up for review.

I don't know how things work exactly, but would have expected that at some point things like these would be added to the community mod (or whatever) for more people to test (since not many build), for then to go through review to be added to the next release? Or maybe I swapped the order of things in the middle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Atrik said:

@Thalatta come on... The reason you had to build it to test it, it's because it changes the engine (like 90%+ of the change of this PR are engine improvements).

I don't know what mods can possibly do (never dealt with them in any game). I assume you mean that they can't change the engine, and that's why this can't possibly be part of the community mod? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah mods change js components and easily modifiable things like damage values and other properties. Core engine components need to be compiled (c++ files) or depend on things that need to be compiled and therefore cannot be applied as a mod.

Once added to the main game, we could, however, modify the weight values and other things @atrik has set up in the unit templates. And that could be nice to test adjustments in the community mod.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Atrik said:

There is no IP on anything here so you can do whatever you want. ^_^

Just note that this is not merged yet so we don't know for certain when it will be part of the game.
It is tested (thanks to those who did!) and ready for next release but the timeline is tight so it really depends on if someone awesome pick it up for review.

I know it's not implemented yet, but this encourages people to check the project.

Visually seeing the game's potential is exciting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...