===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Structures

Enrique

That would look weird in a snow-themed environment.

Snow will probably not be properly included in part one as it would require a whole new set of textures for all buildings. And in other words, if/when snow is included it will require a whole new set of textures (maybe as an extra layer above the current, but still), so we shouldn't let thoughts of snow hinder anything now.

Here's an idea. Instead of the grand arch which in my opinion looks a little off. Maybe add this gate structure in the front and back. With tall gates with spikes.

MIsZj.jpg

^^^

This image literally is a siege on a fort or city. Pretty darn rare to find something like this from ancient India.

EO0Uq.jpg

QdE1Q.jpg

jpE9b.jpg

Basically squishing the gates together with the towers.

Edited by lilstewie

Thanks for your suggestions lilstewie I've made the changes.

There are no shields for Mauryans yet so I'm giving a try. I found some shield patterns and shapes on the civilization thread, is there any other historical information/references regarding their patterns/symbols/materials?

post-13528-0-59652400-1350033678_thumb.j

Thanks for your suggestions lilstewie I've made the changes.

There are no shields for Mauryans yet so I'm giving a try. I found some shield patterns and shapes on the civilization thread, is there any other historical information/references regarding their patterns/symbols/materials?

Here are the shield patterns Enrique.

NpJJ8.jpg

foot solider

6LFFS.jpg

cav

See "a"? That's the pattern I see on most shields.

Here are some shield examples from the reliefs.

nPhuF.png

sengupta_06.jpg

4295770981_c3b67d5488_z.jpg

If you look closely the pattern is same as "a" shield.

I've seen a lot different shield/pattern designs from that time period, but those examples are the most common I've seen.

Here's another example.

Udayagiri_008.jpg

Edited by lilstewie

Thanks lilstewie! :)

I'll make some more shapes following those references :D

EDIT: Anyone read anything about the materials used to make the shields?

I'd like to know if those "stars" on the shields were painted decorations or has something to do with the actual structure of the shield.

EDIT: Anyone read anything about the materials used to make the shields?

I'd like to know if those "stars" on the shields were painted decorations or has something to do with the actual structure of the shield.

I wanna say it's wood with animal hide maybe wicker as well, but I'm not so sure. I'm sure they're painted in.(patterns)<--- I doubt you'll find much info about that.

Edited by lilstewie

Why am I thinking of Star Wars? Hahaha

haha I thought on the rebel faction also xD

Here's the last update before working on shields/weapons & other props for Mauryans. They'll be useful to use as decoration in military buildings and final details. If anyone has any objections regarding the colors it's time to complain before calling the texture finished ^^

post-13528-0-69019200-1350155154_thumb.j

• Like 2

haha I thought on the rebel faction also xD

Here's the last update before working on shields/weapons & other props for Mauryans. They'll be useful to use as decoration in military buildings and final details. If anyone has any objections regarding the colors it's time to complain before calling the texture finished ^^

really cool!!! :)