How corral works?

azayrahmad

Corral created with 100 wood cost. Corral spent 50 food cost to create a sheep with total food 200. So it's basically just doubling your food stock 4 times. While you can make farm field with the same wood cost, only farm generate 2000 food.

So give me a reason why would I have to build corral?

Corral created with 100 wood cost. Corral spent 50 food cost to create a sheep with total food 200. So it's basically just doubling your food stock 4 times. While you can make farm field with the same wood cost, only farm generate 2000 food.

So give me a reason why would I have to build corral?

Those sheep can be gathered extremely fast. Have you even tried it? :) Use a cavalryman.
  • Like 1

Those sheep can be gathered extremely fast. Have you even tried it? :) Use a cavalryman.

Anything that requires hunting, I will use cavalryman. I've asked a slinger to hunt a boar once. He ended up scouting entire island playing catch with the boar. But I didn't aware about the faster gathering rate.

maybe a button to rebuild infinite times. CB4Js.jpg

help to create infinite food.

Not just for food, I think. Build infinite times should be available in everything about unit production.

Oh and while we're at it. What's the significance of 'vegetarian rate' percentage?

Oh and while we're at it. What's the significance of 'vegetarian rate' percentage?

That's more or less just for fun :) So not much significance at all, just a way to tell if your opponents have done any hunting(/or later used corrals) or if they've only gathered from berry bushes/trees/farms and other vegetarian food sources :)

That's more or less just for fun :) So not much significance at all, just a way to tell if your opponents have done any hunting(/or later used corrals) or if they've only gathered from berry bushes/trees/farms and other vegetarian food sources :)

I believe most of the things we're working on here is more or less just for fun. :)

I thought it's probably has something to do with morale (many city building games rate the population happiness based on their food variations). Or probably with hitpoints (vegetarian tend to be healthier, right?). Either way, I dreamed too much

The agricultural revolution brought us more food, not healthier food. :)

Indeed. "Vegetarian tend to be healthier" is more like a wild guess then a evident fact. The problem starts with the vague word "healthy". What exsactly should that mean? Longer agerage live span compared to the average in general? More contented?

Theres better evidence that food rich of proteines make you build mustles faster (That would be meat, eggs, milk products and some vegetarian products that are artificially made proteine rich).

Iron rich food makes you feel more alive/active - you can actually sleep better (That would be some guts like liver or kidney and some vegetables like shugar beet sirup or pumpkin seeds).

Vegeterian lipids are granting a slightly longer lifetime in average.

But the best way to improof your life span is extreme abrosia - which conflicts getting tall and build mustles fast.

Back than desease where quite often and more animals near the setlements meant a risen chance for that.

So I don't think there are many good advices for food consumption fitting for everyone.

However. IF any effect would be added depending on the food ratio for me it would be:

- More meat -> more stamina (faster mustle gain)

- More vegetables -> more health (reduced chance of desease)

Edited by FeXoR
  • Like 1

Theres better evidence that food rich of proteines make you build mustles faster (That would be meat, eggs, milk products and some vegetarian products that are artificially made proteine rich).

Some foods from the plant kingdom, such as soy and quinoa, have complete protein; You can also achieve complete protein by combining legumes and nuts. (Source)

Wow. I'm surprise that this thread has gone from discussing corral into discussing vegetarianism. And I admit, when it comes to that, I tend to stereotype.

I think the 'healthy vegetarian' issue is a modern issue, since today we're faced with sickness such as obesity and heart attack, which caused by combination of high energy foods (primarily comes from dairy/animal products) and low energy lifestyle (low physical activity). In times like 0 AD, I doubt if this is much of a problem, since food is scarce and people have higher physical activity back then. Even if they eat much meat, they get it from hunting, so I guess their energy is recycled.

Anyway, about 'healthy' , whatever the mean is, I think it could be achieved with balanced diet.

However. IF any effect would be added depending on the food ratio for me it would be:

- More meat -> more stamina (faster mustle gain)

- More vegetables -> more health (reduced chance of desease)

In game term it would probably sound like:

-vegetarian level >75% == every unit get +5 hitpoints or +5 healing rate or whatever

-vegetarian level <25% == every unit get +5 attack

-vegetarian level <75% & >25% == every unit get both bonuses

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

maybe a button to rebuild infinite times. CB4Js.jpg

help to create infinite food.

IMO we should not have play actions too automatic or easy. I don't think frood gathering was easy in the 0 A.D. time frame.

I use corrals to generate lots of sheep without a lot of effort. I place 10 to 15 corrals along with 1 or 2 farmsteads inside a wooden fence then move in 10 to 15 cavalry. I place all the corrals as group 0. I train sheep 1 at a time for the first 5 trainings, then 5 at a time till the production queue is full. The single sheep gets the cavalry started and busy until there is enough sheep to keep from running out while the first 5 unit groups is trained. Balnce the number of cavalry units to just barely keep up without running out of sheep.

The key is to point each cavalry to a sheep at the beginning and then as long as the sheep don't run out your don't have to do any work except to keep the corral production queues full.

I can leave the corrals while I play other parts of the game and then just select group 0 to check on the status of the production queue. I add more 5 units groups until the production queue is full and then go back to the game.

The benefit is only using 10 to 15 population vs. many more femals then that to farm the fields. Plus using the corral select group is much quicker to keep going than placing individual fields as each is consumed. The downside is the time to set up the corrals inside a wood fence, but that is only a one time effort.

My suggestion is to make the farm fields persistent so you only have to select them to regenerate them with out having to place them each time. Then you could select all the fields and assign as a group so you can easily renew them.

The two main reasons to use corrals to gather sheep as food is it takes less population than field workers and, at this time, it is easier to renew the sheep than it is the fields.

My test showed 1 cavalry using two corrals equals 4.78 females working two fields.

Both benefit fighting in that for the same amount of food produced you have more population left to fight with and you have more time to devote to fighting. Or for the same population counts you can produce a lot food to use for trade if you run short on the other resources.