Would be possible to provide only one package including both versions with a script that use the 64 bit binary if osx >= 10.6 and on 64 bit, the 32 bit binary elseif osx >= 10.5 and "Upgrade to OS X 10.5 or later, dude" otherwise?

Would be possible to provide only one package including both versions with a script that use the 64 bit binary if osx >= 10.6 and on 64 bit, the 32 bit binary elseif osx >= 10.5 and "Upgrade to OS X 10.5 or later, dude" otherwise?

Good question. It might be possible to include both binaries, but I think it would be breaking the app bundle concept to use a script for that (there's supposed to be only one binary per bundle). Probably we would want the main bundle to have a new binary that detects OS and architecture, then loads the appropriate secondary bundle aka plugin. Of course that complicates the build and release process, in particular, building a 10.5-compatible binary would be a pain on 10.7+ which is what people are most likely to be using in the near future.

For now I think we should just offer a separate, semi-official 10.5 package when possible and quietly stop supporting that when it becomes too much hassle.

I think it's because of a failure to reload the GL screen or something... They're aware, it's been disabled in the last SVN afaik.

Though I liked it, this CTD was the fastest way to quit the game when debugging :)

Doesn't Mac have Alt+F4 or something equivalent?

Yeah, Alt+F4 works. It just doesn't crash the game (usually) :P

:) Maybe I just should have quoted the second part of that post :) To be sure it was clear that my intention was to offer a suggestion to another way to quickly shut down the application rather than to comment on the general issue :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good question. It might be possible to include both binaries, but I think it would be breaking the app bundle concept to use a script for that (there's supposed to be only one binary per bundle). Probably we would want the main bundle to have a new binary that detects OS and architecture, then loads the appropriate secondary bundle aka plugin.

I noticed VLC distribute a 32 and 64 bit dmg: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html , dunno how it's done.

BTW, the latest Alpha 10 dmg 10.5 image works perfectly here :victory:

The game works fine in OS X 10.6.8 on a MacBook Pro 4.1 with Core 2 Duo 2.5 Ghz and 4 Gb Ram.

CPU load it's about 50-60% when game is running, lower than in alpha 9.

Problem: In game problem with the MENU button, when you put your cursor over the button you can see the animation but when you click sometimes doesn't happen.

I noticed VLC distribute a 32 and 64 bit dmg: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html , dunno how it's done.

It's a "fat" binary that has both 32 and 64-bit combined, same for all the bundled libs (you can use "lipo -info" to verify this). That's reasonable if they build for a single SDK target and only vary the arch. But they don't follow Apple's bundle structure guidelines at all, there should only be one file inside VLC.app/Contents/MacOS, but instead they've thrown basically the whole Unix-style app in there. The 0 A.D. bundle by comparison is much more compliant, also we have a fancy DMG background :)

Problem: In game problem with the MENU button, when you put your cursor over the button you can see the animation but when you click sometimes doesn't happen.

Hmm any more details for how to reproduce this? Does it happen at all times or maybe just when the game is especially laggy? Are you in fullscreen or windowed mode?

Hmm any more details for how to reproduce this? Does it happen at all times or maybe just when the game is especially laggy? Are you in fullscreen or windowed mode?

Happen everytimes i try to play the game. For me the game never goes laggy. I don't know how to reproduce it because always works like i said.