Option "Evaluate resources just in time" removing the annoying need to click frequently in production queue (and allows you to enjoy strategic battles)

SKAcz

17 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Well, I didn't mean that. I just wanted to set the record straight when I hear people call economy management "meaningless" and "necessary." There is absolutely a reason for it, even if some ppl don't like it.

And sure, that is just my opinion, but it is a well informed one, since fully automating eco (including houses and tasking) would basically remove a solid percentage of the game's total content.

It could be our dream realized to let AI do economy and focus just on macro decisions and battles :)

(and only in critical moments change macro values or do micro management even in economics. Clicking by mouse now 30x on idle units and sent them somewhere to do something is really necessary evil now to play strategic part of game for control resources and important strategic points what is real fun playing in multiplayer). But maybe it should be called realtime strategy decision making game or so.

32 minutes ago, SKAcz said:

Sorry for stupid question, but how to install this extension exactly? I tried Download Mods in game but cannot see there any mod with similar name :(

ResizeQueue isn't on mod.io, so you need to install it from git.

1. Download the archive from git : https://gitlab.com/4trik/resizequeue/-/archive/master/resizequeue-master.zip 
  2. Locate your Mod folder:

Linux: ~/.local/share/0ad/mods/
    macOS: ~/Library/Application\ Support/0ad/mods/
    Windows: ~\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods\
    snap : snap/0ad/592/.local/share/0ad/mods

3. Unzip the zip your downloaded into the mods folder.

4. Restart 0ad and enable it in mod selection

Done!

52 minutes ago, SKAcz said:

Clicking by mouse now 30x on idle units

Are you aware of the hotkeys that modify the selection and ordering around the units? Like holding "i" to select only idle units, [ctrl] to de-select from that group, [shift] to give a number of orders to be done consecutively, [ctrl]+[number]/[number] to form/select groups...

Edited by Gurken Khan

1 hour ago, alre said:

you cannot give that guarantee, you can only speak for your taste.

I can't see why you should try to change the mind of someone who clearly wants to try the game differently. You rightly warned that a lot of PvP players would consider it a cheat, but all this animosity towards Atrik - who just provided the OP with exactly what they asked - is unjustified.

It’s not unjustified. He was told it was cheating and that people don’t like it. His response was I don’t care if the people I play with think I am cheating and that he would do it anyways. He took advantage of people’s good will and hesitancy to ban players. Once he did start to get banned, what did he do? Immediately complain that he was getting picked on. Just because he plays the victim doesn’t mean he is one. 

• Confused 1

Well its why i started this topic as option what is part of rules and all see it.

But among friends all can have mod, so it is not important, we play it for fun and to try focus more on creative strategic and tactics thinking more than master mouse and keyboard moves. Especially with childs who btw likes the great graphic.

PS. thx for info about all typical using of keyboard we will try

37 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

Once he did start to get banned, what did he do? Immediately complain that he was getting picked on. Just because he plays the victim doesn’t mean he is one. 

Wow. You go far into the made up stuff. I remember well enough that after you banned me from your host, I asked 1-2 question to understand, then other one when banned from spec. So 2-3 questions to understand what are you up to is "playing the victim". Seriously you just want me to reply to your bs so that the topic become as tribal as possible right?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Atrik said:

Wow. You go far into the made up stuff. I remember well enough that after you banned me from your host, I asked 1-2 question to understand, then other one when banned from spec. So 2-3 questions to understand what are you up to is "playing the victim". Seriously you just want me to reply to your bs so that the topic become as tribal as possible right?

You act like this is all me. It isn't. Literally every time you post your mod in people call you out and then you pretend you've never done anything wrong when nearly everyone you play with wishes you would delete the mod. Like here, you just want a different standard for yourself. 

On 09/10/2023 at 1:24 PM, guerringuerrin said:

On several occasions you have had ironic and mocking responses towards people who have spoken to you respectfully, so play the victim all you want, you don't move anyone.

• Like 1

I don't care if you want to make me or any mods a bad reputation nubs. Now even when I talk about it only to reply to a player who actually describe the features in it the same 3 people feel the urge to intervene and make sure to anchor in all minds "imagine if you automate the entire game" or other silly and unrelated things.

The topic you quote also start with masterclass of describing some features that have implementations in progui, while the few same people take the very same progui as a counter example. Add to it that the author admit never tried it, just like @chrstgtr, yet are the most vocal guys advocating against for reasons.
I'm am guilty of [Whatever you want] idc f u. Autoqueue with the ability to resize the batch also will just kill the game, I agree with all your impressive logic.

CheatedyCheat Atrik = cheat
Here is your win flag, you'll sleep a bit happier now I hope.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

Nice guy here. 

Y all threads about mods you have nothing interesting to say look the same now, you spam 10 bs posts together with the anti-atrik team until I make the mistake of correcting unfactual claims, and from here you can spam 10more bs posts until I tilt.

5 minutes ago, Atrik said:

Y all threads about mods you have nothing interesting to say look the same now, you spam 10 bs posts together with the anti-atrik team until I make the mistake of correcting unfactual claims, and from here you can spam 10more bs posts until I tilt.

So thread summary

tabasco: you can use that mod but other people you play with might think you’re cheating. 

me: [ignore atrik] here’s a different solution that might help you 

Atrik: insult directed at me  

alre : don’t pick on atrik 

me: we’re not picking on him—he doesn’t care that people think he’s cheating and plays the victim at the same time

atrik: “idc f u” also stop picking on me. 

conclusion: atrik is a nice guy?

*sigh* Enough. Both of you.

I'm locking this thread for a few hours, in order to force a time out. Kindly get some sleep, fresh air, (or whatever) and come back tomorrow.

Please do not continue this via Private Messages or elsewhere, or you may face temporary bans.

@SKAcz: I hope the responses you received in good faith proved helpful, and Welcome to the 0 A.D. Community.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1