how to resize actors?

man_s_our

I edited some meshes using blender to resize them to half in order to generate ones for human and animal infants. when I tested the mesh on an archer I found it instead of changing the size of actor it just made it look ugly.

what am I doing wrong here.

here is a screenshot showing the comparison:

Screenshot from 2023-10-14 11-44-23.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, hyperion said:

Some blender exporters have a scale factor, might try exporting and re-importing using one of those formats as a quick hack. Never tried myself so might not work.

if I had good sources to learn about collada files structure I may one day make a tool for fast dae scale and such

The problem is not with Blender. The PSA and PMD format ignore all scaling parameters (other than maybe units) usually you have to apply scale (ctrl + A) depending on whether you do it on meshes and armatures results may vary.

Generally speaking exporting scaled animations usually results in bad things. The docs about exporting recommend avoiding it.

Now in theory you can still do it carefully. For your scaled mesh you have to reexport every single animation as it if it was a new object. So for bipeds that means exporting 200 files probably. It's somewhat easy to make a python script to automate it, but there might be some constraints that do not work between anims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1