TG Tournament

70H4NN2S

57 minutes ago, Atrik said:

Now if the goal is to divide people in distinct group "us vs them" as you said, I don't think this is a good thing to do.

The goal, surely, is to maintain integrity in the tournament organized by @70H4NN2S, and for that matter in the 0ad multiplayer lobby. If players are openly cheating using a mod that is supported by the in game mod downloader, I think that's an issue. Don't bring up less available and less abused means of cheating as a way to excuse proGUI.

Since there are so many other upsides to the proGUI mod, why don't you either remove the automated eco or disable it for multiplayer. Maybe another option would be to add a setting to allow a host with progui disable the automatic eco function for all players in that host. It seems like that would be quite difficult to set up tho.

53 minutes ago, 70H4NN2S said:

I started the tournament without any rules related to mods, how do you want to do it? Like, you will have to check each game from all the players to see if somebody activated proGui and co in some moment. They can activate it just in the later stage. That's to much work for me to do. I have already enough by trying to get the teams playing and to get as many players as possible, so that the game can consist at least of a 3vs3.
I would really need some help, because i can't spend so much time on the Tournament. 

I would just suggest making the word official on what mods are permitted. I think the respectful players will oblige and anyone that doesn't will get called out eventually.

we are just in time to create a parser that checks for autoSniping

Some players could have gaming mouses with click multiplier that could be confused for autosniping. When reported to the team, it was deemed not a cheat, because of how accessible and basic are theses mouses. I don't use this, but I know this is one more thing that could provide far greater advantage then the stupid progui trainer.

11 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Don't bring up less available and less abused means of cheating as a way to excuse proGUI.

Well you share your thoughts, I share mine.

14 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Since there are so many other upsides to the proGUI mod, why don't you either remove the automated eco or disable it for multiplayer. Maybe another option would be to add a setting to allow a host with progui disable the automatic eco function for all players in that host. It seems like that would be quite difficult to set up tho.

You have options to totally disable and hide panels. Indeed I don't think worth or don't have a plan to enforce players to disable it. The version on mod.io has compatibility check witch is the best tool we have to do what you said (Even if I think this is just a way to reduce the mod's availability).

21 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

If players are openly cheating using a mod that is supported by the in game mod downloader, I think that's an issue.

Ok, let's do something dumb, if you ask me to remove progui from the downloader, I will do it now.

56 minutes ago, Atrik said:

The version on mod.io has compatibility check witch is the best tool we have to do what you said (Even if I think this is just a way to reduce the mod's availability).

And the version on gitlab has compatibility check disabled? That's pretty disingenuous since that allows players to use the mod when their opponents don't have it.

I am not asking you to remove it from mod io, since players can get it elsewhere and the cat is already out of the bag so to speak. Also, it is ultimately your work, so its up to you. I do think this is a mistake of your doing and that if you go on to make a version for a27, it should be a GUI mod only (as advertised), not a cheat mod.

2 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

And the version on gitlab has compatibility check disabled? That's pretty disingenuous since that allows players to use the mod when their opponents don't have it.

Yes, if it was on me, I would have uploaded the mod without compatibility check even on mod.io. It's technically a 100% compatible mod.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 70H4NN2S said:

It seems like the entire E-Team is about to get dissolved. That's really sad. 

Well, playing with bots was a method to scare the players, i didn't though it would happen in reality.

Maybe the E-Team can find new players...

The rule with the bots is still better than to exclude some players of the bigger team from the match...