I propose to introduce optional limits on buildings.

Delfador

I would like to be able to set limits not only for units, but also for buildings, for example, set the maximum number of city centers. This would make the game more similar to the Age of Empires, because as you know, AI in the Age of Empires only occupies its own corner, uses all types of units, but does not strive to fill the entire map with itself.

Screenshot_2.png

6 minutes ago, Delfador said:

I would like to be able to set limits not only for units, but also for buildings, for example, set the maximum number of city centers. This would make the game more similar to the Age of Empires, because as you know, AI in the Age of Empires only occupies its own corner, uses all types of units, but does not strive to fill the entire map with itself.

Screenshot_2.png

While buildings are one of the least desirable things in this game.

We already went through that stage and we already reversed it.

30 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

While buildings are one of the least desirable things in this game.

Then you should definitely get to the "real time tactics" stage and leave one headquarters and points scattered around the map to capture...

Spoiler

CoH.jpg

Of course, I heard that the local public likes Total War, where the role of the city and buildings is minimized and where flanking units still have not learned how to surround a small enemy squad and attack from all sides...

But nevertheless, an option that allows you to impose limits on some key buildings would be handy.

Edited by Delfador

32 minutes ago, Delfador said:

Then you should definitely get to the "real time tactics" stage and leave one headquarters and points scattered around the map to capture...

That's another game mode but it's not exactly what they are looking to do with the game now.

33 minutes ago, Delfador said:

But nevertheless, an option that allows you to impose limits on some key buildings would be handy.

Not sure.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

@real_tabasco_sauce

Not sure if I'm getting your point, but most people that I know that play 0 ad like the building aspect (recently I did a post on reddit and some people commented on that aspect, I have seen youtubers praise the city-building aspect). There are very few traditional RTSes (now there is a revival of AoE, but only the AoE franchise has grown) right now and if the game turned into CoH or yet another total war I think it would be very dissapointing for many people including myself.

AoE2 doesn´t have building limits and while AI seldom will build forward barracks but  is a valid strategy, also the "castle/tower to the face" strategy is widely used in MP in AoE2.

AoE3 has building limits but the game still focuses heavily on gaining map control through placing buildings in strategic locations.

I think that 0ad has some "issues" with buildings, but the main feature I don't like is how capturing works, and maybe reduce a bit the area of influence of new city centers ( I feel like they claim a huge space of the map)

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Sp00ky said:

Not sure if I'm getting your point, but most people that I know that play 0 ad like the building aspect (recently I did a post on reddit and some people commented on that aspect, I have seen youtubers praise the city-building aspect). There are very few traditional RTSes (now there is a revival of AoE, but only the AoE franchise has grown) right now and if the game turned into CoH or yet another total war I think it would be very dissapointing for many people including myself.

AoE2 doesn´t have building limits and while AI seldom will build forward barracks but  is a valid strategy, also the "castle/tower to the face" strategy is widely used in MP in AoE2.

AoE3 has building limits but the game still focuses heavily on gaining map control through placing buildings in strategic locations.

I think that 0ad has some "issues" with buildings, but the main feature I don't like is how capturing works, and maybe reduce a bit the area of influence of new city centers ( I feel like they claim a huge space of the map)

That's what I like to discuss; common sense.