Balancing for resource gathering improvment costs.

So no 50%? I can change that. I didn't think about people just trying to rush for it. I wanted it to seem like a big upgrade that allows you to focus on sending soldiers to attack.

I used a variety of materials to try to reward certain things. I.E. first level upgrades try to reward you if you start to gather metal/stone. The second one you can only safely get if you have a balnced enough economy to save wood, and i made the last one use all three because it looked nice. I can change that.

@Gurken Khan that's strange, I usually have plenty of metal at least until I blow it all on wood.

The new version of the mod isn't up yet I don't think it's approved. Stan said I should open a ticket about the mod issue because the mod works with a 26

On 17/06/2023 at 12:32 PM, alre said:

but it's also cool that one can go to phase 3 just by booming, before the deciding part of the game even starts. that has to be allowed, and many players would go for it anyway.

Well, there is little strategic depth to 0ad. The discussion around proGUI shows this clearly once again. Sure you should be allowed to play to pop cap in p1 but shouldn't expect to be competitive with that. That's what I mean by forcing.

Anyway I play for the visuals and the great sound tracks, so I don't care enough to debate this to death.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2023 at 4:34 AM, ShadowOfHassen said:

So no 50%? I can change that. I didn't think about people just trying to rush for it. I wanted it to seem like a big upgrade that allows you to focus on sending soldiers to attack.

Well, @ShadowOfHassen I suggest that you keep the scope of this mod to prices. Generally, if you add more changes to some patch, its appeal will decrease.

For example, I am fine with reconsidering the prices of the technologies, but I think the % change of each technology should not change.

On 18/6/2023 at 12:27 PM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Well, @ShadowOfHassen I suggest that you keep the scope of this mod to prices. Generally, if you add more changes to some patch, its appeal will decrease.

For example, I am fine with reconsidering the prices of the technologies, but I think the % change of each technology should not change.

Ok price change it is. I won't change the percentages

• 3 weeks later...