0 A.D's Built-in Encyclopedia

Lion.Kanzen

42 minutes ago, Stan` said:

What would you add to the English style guide in fine ?

I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying.  If you meant "What would you add to the English style guide in time?" the answer would be the working style stuff that Vantha and I had been using, or it might be better to add in a separate writing style guide.

On 11/07/2024 at 1:55 PM, Stan` said:

I'm not the sole decider for this, but what do you expect for the "official" part? As opposed to say, community balancers.

There is indeed a lot of writing to be done on 0 A.D. whether it's in the game or in the documentation, but you currently do not need more permissions that you currently have :)

ShadowOfHassen mentioned it already; it's about letting devs know we exist, what we do, for them to integrate that into their workflow, and to accept our patches.

But that's probably achieved best by just getting the (big) stone rolling...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Odd, since the layout isn't much different than the current iterations we've been working on for 0 aA.D.

Yes, the basic concept and structure is similar. But I dislike how the selection is cramped into a list of dropdowns. And the division of the page into three sections in the last image feels a bit awkward. Just my personal opinion:)

Although, I think the overall page looks a lot more coherent than ours.

On another note, I came across a series of articles that I wrote some time ago, but never actually added to the encyclopedia (mostly because their topcis were not directly related to 0 A.D.). I decided to at least put them up on a PR for a review before I forget about them again. Here are the first two (about arrowheads): https://github.com/indoptogopt/GUI-page-for-0ads-encyclopedia/pull/1

• Thanks 1

Update on my side. We decided to wait on customizing on the existing articles until the encylopedia UI is in game, so in the meantime I'm starting pre research for the next civilization. (We might not have finished with the Hellenistic civilizations, I don't know, but I decided to start pre research for the Gauls and Britons. I want to try to use primary sources, so it might take a while.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...