Pausing Production

Acanthis

Yesterday I observed a player pause a batch of slingers in order to research a phase upgrade. The slingers had a forward facing hand indicating they were paused halfway through. I haven't seen this before, how is it done? I'm not sure when it would be useful but perhaps it could be.

Also, if you pause a batch of units, does the population "return" that they were using or is it also held (as it should be...)?

14 hours ago, Acanthis said:

@Mentula ah ok! Thanks for the clarification. I'll add it to a hotkey and try it out sometime, though I'm still not entirely sure when I'd use it :)

maybe i will try right arrow for hotkey.session.pushorderfront

typical example that happens sometimes to me. Phase update not happens, because, batch is blocked. 
but i used the ResetQueue mod then . i set it to the hotkey Super+R

Edited by seeh

On 24/05/2023 at 9:18 AM, Freagarach said:

With that hotkey, you can push any new order to the front of the queue. E.g. clicking the phasing button will make it the first. (It can also be used for orders issued to units.)

Oh, that changes things. Could be nice to have for units more than building production.