Cancel automatic win if all players are initially on the same team.

Akira Kurosawa

In Age of Empires 2, it was possible to set all players to one team before the start of the game, and then, during the game, declare war on the allies. Could the developers cancel the automatic win if all players initially start on the same team? It would also be good to establish neutrality before the start. But in general, it would be great in the advanced diplomacy menu to have the ability to establish each player his diplomatic relations with others before the start of the game.

1 hour ago, Stan` said:

Just use the ceasefire feature ?

This is not exactly what is needed. The ceasefire is running out for everyone at the same time. I want to be able to choose my opponent from allies myself, without reference to time. It's just interesting to see how the AI starts to behave if two of its allies start to fight each other. The problem is that starting a map where all players are initially allies, leads to an automatic victory and the transition to observer mode with the loss of access to diplomacy.

Edited by Chu Ko Nu

Well, in this case, it would be useful to have a neutral position to all players in the beginning (maybe including ceasefire) without team allocation. Being allied to everyone in the beginning and not winning would cause some kind of endless gamemaybe only interrupted by having defeated everyone else.

Personally I do not see the need, but I respect yours.

10 minutes ago, Chu Ko Nu said:

This is not exactly what is needed. The ceasefire is running out for everyone at the same time. I want to be able to choose my opponent from allies myself, without reference to time. It's just interesting to see how the AI starts to behave if two of its allies start to fight each other. The problem is that starting a map where all players are initially allies, leads to an automatic victory and the transition to observer mode with the loss of access to diplomacy.

Why dont you use the feature "last survivor"?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chu Ko Nu said:

In Age of Empires 2, it was possible to set all players to one team before the start of the game, and then, during the game, declare war on the allies. Could the developers cancel the automatic win if all players initially start on the same team?

You can use "last survivor" setting aswell, so that only one player may win...

//EDIT: too slow...

Edited by sternstaub
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sternstaub said:

You can use "last survivor" setting aswell, so that only one player may win...

Shouldn't this function automatically break an existing union? I didn't know it worked like that. Thanks for the tip. However, this is not entirely intuitive. Normally, this function always breaks relations between the last surviving allies.

33 minutes ago, Obelix said:

some kind of endless gamemaybe only interrupted by having defeated everyone else.

In fact, this allows you to train well against very difficult AI in the late stages of the game with all the units and buildings. You yourself during the game determine when the AI should become aggressive. In Age of Empires 2, where you could start from the post-imperial era, it works. But in this game, there is no way to start with a fully developed civilization.

31 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

Why dont you use the feature "last survivor"?

Since we are talking about this feature, it would be nice if the inscription that the last player wins did not hang on the screen all the time.

Edited by Chu K0 Nu

16 minutes ago, Chu K0 Nu said:

Normally, this function always breaks relations between the last surviving allies.

It does, logically. Otherwise everyone would win if all are allied. It is the closest you can currently get to what you want.

If one wanted to add the specific feature you requested, it would probably mean to use the "peacful period" also as a minimum game duration. That would probably fit your needs. But it is not implemented at the time of writing.

Edited by sternstaub