Jump to content

wowgetoffyourcellphone

0 A.D. Art Team
  • Posts

    11.613
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    621

Posts posted by wowgetoffyourcellphone

  1. 1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

    Terra Magna and Delenda Est, these mods are almost official for me, DE have better combat system.

    Millennium A.D. and Terra Magna don't try to change the gameplay, they just add civs, which is good on its own. :) But thanks for the plug. ;)  I think DE's counters make sense and puts emphasis back onto heavy infantry.

  2. 35 minutes ago, Trinketos said:

    How i can make different game types?

    Like conquest, wonder victory etc

     

    34 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

    victory conditions.

    @wowgetoffyourcellphone @Stan`

     

    32 minutes ago, Stan` said:

     

    For Delenda Est I made a "Conquest Civic Centers" victory condition. It works (you lose immediately when you lose your last civic center), but I'd really like to make it a timer where when you lose your last civic center you get X number of minutes to build or capture a new civic center or you lose. 

    • Like 2
    • Thanks 1
  3. I need dat map resize patch for Atlas. Seems I need moar room for the Kalinga map. :/ Might put a jungle-ish terrain on one bank of the river and the sandy, savanna-ish terrain on the other bank of the river. Seems Kalinga wasn't as jungle-y as I imagined: 

     

    1200px-Tawa_river_mp_India.jpg

    JHucY4U.jpg?1

    puri_seabeach.jpg

     

    Also, Gharials tend to bask and nest on sand banks rather than in jungle watering holes.

    • Like 1
  4. 1 minute ago, wraitii said:

    I'm gonna answer the super late as I've just been through this thread: maybe.I appear to have some code to make sky reflections a bit less prominent, but didn't use it for local reflections.

    Indeed as nani said objects are renderer without shadows, so they're shaded but not shadowed, which might make them too bright in forest situations.

    Adding shadows would be even slower though, and probably not doable for now.

    Danke for the follow up. Was hoping to just inject the issue into the zeitgeist. 

    • Like 1
  5. 1 hour ago, wraitii said:

    Some interesting insight into what we can improve too. What's a "worker" for example. It's not obvious which units can gather. How to garrison? Things like that.

    Indeed, and stone and metal mines look too similar. He also never figured out what batch training was.

    • Like 2
  6. 12 minutes ago, LordGood said:

    tropic terrain textures can look good, but they're a bit tricky to use. I use the plant/dirt variations and gradually transition to those smooth grass textures, otherwise way too jarring

     or just cover it in a staggering amount flora, that's more fun anyhow

     

    screenshot0133.thumb.jpg.55d9e25c0621ec2c9078aee6823264cf.jpg

    • Like 1
  7. 7 minutes ago, LordGood said:

    tropic terrain textures can look good, but they're a bit tricky to use. I use the plant/dirt variations and gradually transition to those smooth grass textures, otherwise way too jarring

    or just cover it in a staggering amount flora, that's more fun anyhow

    new trees are in by the by

    I use the smooth grass textures over most of the grid and then the plant variations along edges of forests or around water, etc. Use copious amounts of "tropic" plant actors for visual variety.

     

    PS: check the materials in some of your tree actors. Some don't use the normal and spec maps as you probably intend

    • Like 1
  8. 8 hours ago, nani said:

    version 0.4.0

    Added:

    • Included a map browser in the game setup stage so all players can see the maps. To open it press Alt+O hotkey or press the button (square) on the map preview from gamesetup.

    I check this out.

    screenshot0132.thumb.jpg.a5413d2268cff7afe22d1fd22a4419e5.jpg

    It's pretty darn awesome. Please add it as a diff at https://code.wildfiregames.com/ so that it can be added to the game!

    The "zooming" feature with the scroll wheel is neat, but kind of unexpected behavior and adds user discomfort. I'd rather, as a user, you just choose the size of preview you think is best and the number per page (maybe that can scale with resolution) and leave it at that, ala AOM. It's your mod, but I think static pages would be best instead of the neat but weird zooming effect. Ideally, they could all be on the same page with a scroll bar, but we ain't there yet. Your "page" buttons are a good compromise for now. 

    • Like 7
  9. 16 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

    Vertical cliffs are really an RTS staple, and in combination with the more natural look that 0AD is going for, these cliffs look fantastic!

    Now we need mountains. ;) 

    • Like 3
×
×
  • Create New...