Looking for a Content Writer

Hi all,

I'm one of the organizers of Sunday Pro Games event. 

We noticed that if we organise well and reach the willing people who want to contribute to the game, we can help to improve 0ad community in many ways. We're currently working on one event and it's growing day by day. 

We're trying to find people who have a profession/skill and want to contribute to the community. Because of our organisation structure, we're making easier to contribute with small efforts. Currently, we're looking for someone who loves or someone who has skills in content writing/copywriting for Sunday Pro Games event. We believe this is an opportunity to grow/change/enrich the community. 

Expectations from the content writer/copywriter: Someone who loves writing, has good communication skills. 

In Progress: We are currently working on some posters, infographics, motion graphics, advertisements. So we need someone who can turn the ideas into the words.

If you're interested or if you know someone who might be interested please reply to this topic.

Have a great day!

Edited by HMS-Surprise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, i do belive that this should be a Community Event. I already told them to ask you so that you can add it to the Lobby Panel Event section. Would be definitly cool to see it there.

As For the person you are looking for @HMS-Surprise. What exactly can be understood by "Content writing"? Surely i know what that is, but you must have some expecations that a person applying for that has to reach.

Edited by TheTyler
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheTyler said:

Well, i do belive that this should be a Community Event. I already told them to ask you so that you can add it to the Lobby Panel Event section. Would be definitly cool to see it there.

As For the person you are looking for @HMS-Surprise. What exactly can be understood by "Content writing"? Surely i know what that is, but you must have some expecations that a person applying for that has to reach.

Thanks a lot. Yes, you're right about it. I've updated the post. Briefly, we're expecting someone who loves writing. Currently, we're working on some visuals for advertisement purposes. If we find someone who is interested we let her/him be our voice.  

Edited by HMS-Surprise
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hannibal_Barca said:

I'm not sure this would necessitate the elevated language skills /exalted phraseology I tend to utilize,  although if you choose to advertise this as a Community Event it could be added to the Lobby Panel Event section.

-I think this is a great idea to add an event announcement to the lobby event section. Let me know what should we do about it.

-The idea behind this is to reduce workload for every person in the team so they can enjoy/contribute easily. This is the early stages of the organisation. Indeed, we're looking for more people who love what they do in their daily life. Imagine that a company is organising such a small event like this. More people means it's easy to produce. 

We all have ideas, but when you come to turn the idea into reality it just stops there. So, I believe things can happen fast if there are people who have the motivation to do the job. 

Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 12:04 AM, HMS-Surprise said:

-I think this is a great idea to add an event announcement to the lobby event section. Let me know what should we do about it.

Convince me.

• the goals of the project
  • why it should be advertised
  • what is the motivating force behind it
  • what is the origin of the idea
  • what is your vision of the future concerning the relationship of 0 A.D. and this event
  • what are your expectations and hopes for the future of this event

It doesn't matter that I can answer half of the questions myself, I am interested in your reply.

And some practical questions like:

• how much space would you need
  • what would be written
  • whether or not this would entail links being displayed that do not lead to sites controlled by Wildfire Games
  • whether you expect more of us if we accede to this request

I'll probably come up with it myself if your idea doesn't fit the panel look.

Edited by Hannibal_Barca
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Hannibal_Barca said:

Convince me.

• the goals of the project
  • why it should be advertised
  • what is the motivating force behind it
  • what is the origin of the idea
  • what is your vision of the future concerning the relationship of 0 A.D. and this event
  • what are your expectations and hopes for the future of this event

It doesn't matter that I can answer half of the questions myself, I am interested in your reply.

And some practical questions like:

• how much space would you need
  • what would be written
  • whether or not this would entail links being displayed that do not lead to sites controlled by Wildfire Games
  • whether you expect more of us if we accede to this request

I'll probably come up with it myself if your idea doesn't fit the panel look.

0 A.D. is such a great game but somehow it has low popularity between RTS game lovers. I believe if there are more people, it's good for us in many ways. The idea came from @Unknown_Player He said "We need to highlight a game mann.." It seems to be regular players needs something more. First 0 A.D. Championship was fun. So, it would be cool if we highlight a classic 4v4 match with minimal efforts.

We are encouraging good players to challenge among other players by scheduling an event. We only let the best players (who is in the room at that moment) play. Basically, we're trying to level up one of those games. This match brings the quality of the event as content. We can encourage more people to play by creating good quality of content outside of 0 A.D. community.

Our audience turns more general at the moment. Visiting RTS game streamers' channels can be a good idea to reach those people. Commentary by a pro player like @Feldfeld gives us the power of knowledge. We're given a lot of information during the match. It's also helpful for players who want to learn. Most of 0 A.D. contents are outdated on youtube.

Documenting is easier. We bring ready content to other streamers. We can move the entire event to any channel. We would like to keep it alive. So, it's a good idea to reduce the dependency of specific people. Currently, we're getting touch with other streamers too. That means there is a great chance that we can reach people who like RTS games but never heard of 0 A.D by supplying them a good quality of content.

Also, we're encouraging people to contribute by giving them a position where they can produce. Basically, we give the opportunity to contribute by doing what you like. All of us have ideas, but when it comes to reality we stuck because of lack of human source. If we create an imaginative organisation company, there must be several people who know what they do. We're looking for creative people too. We're building a group of people who has experience and motivation to produce in different fields to reduce the effort among the group. 

Briefly, this is a league with pro players, live-stream commentary on different channels for 8 weeks. We would like to organise The 2nd 0 A.D. 1v1 Championship after this event. 

Currently, we would like to announce that there is a Live-Stream 4v4 Pro Match on Sunday 18.00(UTC) during the week. A countdown would be cool like 4 hours left... Is this possible?

-------------

EVENT: Sunday Pro Games

-Live-Stream 4v4 Pro Match with commentary.

TIME: Sunday 18.00(UTC) (x days, y hours left)

MORE: Link

------------

Thank you.

Edited by HMS-Surprise
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, HMS-Surprise said:

0 A.D. is such a great game but somehow it has low popularity between RTS game lovers. I believe if there are more people, it's good for us in many ways.

I guess it has to do with media coverage. We are not that present on social media, events... That's also part of who we are, we do not do aggressive marketing. I know a few StarCraft Players that can't play the game because the Hotkeys put them off. Also because I haven't made a StarCraft Like (three factions, futuristic, space, two resources) mod.

• Haha 1