Where I can buy a good(powerful) Destkop Computer in Houston.

It is not that hard and if you want you can always look at youtube for how you can built your own system.

but if you dont want too do it you better can go to more then 1 shop and ask for info and what the prices are and from that you take a decision

yeah I see some videos in YouTube, I fewer buy separately and the components don't be compatibles, I try to doit this like in my old days, buy PC base in order to modify the features.

Lion: Are you insisting on a desktop? Laptops are quite powerful nowadays. I am currently developing and playing 0 A.D. on a new laptop I bought this past Summer. I couldn't be happier (except it isn't 1080p, only 900p, but that's okay).

This is what I bought for $740: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314004

• Intel Core i5 3230M(2.60GHz)
  • 6GB Memory 750GB HDD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M
  • 1600 x 900
  • Windows 8

This right here would KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF (but it's $1600): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=34-152-444&cm_sp=Cat_GamingNotebooks-_-YTVideo-_-YT83-220-464

• Intel Core i7 4700HQ(2.40GHz)
  • 16GB Memory 750GB HDD 128GB SSD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M
  • 1920 x 1080
  • Windows 8

How much denarii do you have to spend? Also, Windows 8.1 is an excellent operating system. They've re-implemented the start button (which was my main complaint) and I've gotten used to the start screen (though the old Windows 7 start menu is still better).

Lion: Are you insisting on a desktop? Laptops are quite powerful nowadays. I am currently developing and playing 0 A.D. on a new laptop I bought this past Summer. I couldn't be happier (except it isn't 1080p, only 900p, but that's okay).

This right here would KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=34-152-444&cm_sp=Cat_GamingNotebooks-_-YTVideo-_-YT83-220-464

How much denarii do you have to spend?

Its for working im Timed use my laptop as desktop. 1200 Us dollars. And I want have a desktop, not only for gaming. I'm interesting in 3D artist to my profesional skills and I want a computer that support a GTX 750 ? Nvidia and I'm tired about coolers.

You know have a real desktop over my desk XD and use a laptop. Is for the next 4 years, and is more easy to sell after all.

I think laptops would have better resale value, but maybe I'm wrong. Laptops are harder to upgrade after all. Desktops are easier to resell piecemeal (you can part it out if you need to).

I'm pretty sure that laptop I linked to would perform just about every single thing you wanted it to do, besides clean your bathroom for you. ;)

For a desktop, do you just need the tower, or do you need a monitor, keyboard, etc. too? If you just want to buy the tower, then you can get a super nice one for $1200, definitely.

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103853

• Like 1

I think laptops would have better resale value, but maybe I'm wrong. Laptops are harder to upgrade after all. Desktops are easier to resell piecemeal (you can part it out if you need to).

I'm pretty sure that laptop I linked to would perform just about every single thing you wanted it to do, besides clean your bathroom for you. ;)

For a desktop, do you just need the tower, or do you need a monitor, keyboard, etc. too? If you just want to buy the tower, then you can get a super nice one for $1200, definitely.

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103853

Only the tower, mouse I have a lot XD, keyboard I have a Bluetooth keyboard, screen, I have a LG XD, but is not too expense in my country the other things. The CPU is hard to find here. ( good CPU).

• 3 weeks later...

I was forget something, than you for the info and this don't mean I sell my other laptops.

I built one not so long ago :

I7 3770, HD7950, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive,ROG MAXIMUS V GENE. (1217e)

Thing is if you want to build a new rig keep in mind that the 780 cost around 600€ That would be the most expensive part, Also think about the power supply and the case.

Its not that hard to build it yourself nowadays, Everything just clips.

Also you might want to use a Quadro or a firePro for your rendering needs, that will be better.

I have been doing 3D on a netbook, didn't prevent me from doing anything, so having the best technology time offers, will be only good for gaming at high settings.