Mod handling from within 0AD

Dear all,

thrilled by the new Alpha 0.26 - great job folks!

Though -  a little user interface inconvenience:

1 - when selecting a new mod from mod.io via the 0AD mods download menu, it is not possible to see simultaneously which mods version is already installed and which mod version is available for download (I know this is a luxury issue and the new nodal window cannot be moved, unfortunately, unless there is major redesign of the user interface  mechanics). I you move the overlapping modal window borders a little bit, the existing mod versions could be seen and compared to those aversions available for download.

2 - sometimes new mods versions are not replacing older ones but are added as new mods. Wouldn't it be nice to have a button allowing to remove (delete) the installed instance of an existing mod? (kind of a clean-up process) ( I do know you could manually remove them from the directories but uI would prefer doing that from within the game)

Thanks for your consideration!

Best regards,

Grautvornix

• Like 1

Not really, but here is a suggestion:
0AD_mod_selection_screen.thumb.jpg.fe563201c1a403573a862bca474751b5.jpg

Talking about small user interface comfort functions: not sure this could be easily implemented, but could the table widget also allow

• column sizing
  • grouped line colours, e.g. every other line or every other 5 lines have a slightly different background

I am fully aware that there are much more important gameplay improvements waiting to be implemented and that development capacity is limited.

Just could not resist suggesting these little things...

Best regards,

Grautvornix

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...