[Atlas editor] how to use it to test units and armies?

Orphydian

12 minutes ago, Orphydian said:

How can I quickly test some full army compositions and certain units vs others ? is Atlas editor meant for this as well? any tutorials apreciated

You can do it in atlas by placing units manually (using copy paste, you can save you pastes for later)

You can also spawn units via script, like it is done for integration test e.g pushing map.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frederick_1 said:

What I do is to start a game in 0AD, and use the cheat code "gift from the gods". Then I can get the units to test the map pretty fast. I Think this is what the cheat is for.

Thanks! but I want to quickly test a certain number and type of units against a certain type and number of enemy units without actually playing a match with lots of resources.

Need to check Atlas editor as Stand said.

Edited by Orphydian

It is possible like Stan said to place units on the map an assign them to the players.

It is in the object tab, when you go for entities, and filter for units you can place them and assign them to different players. I Just tried, when you select actors, you can also place them, but they are like ghosts and cant be editet. At least on my system.

Edited by Frederick_1
  • Like 1

they can be edited selecting the "crossing arrows" symbol.

if you need to try the same units many times, you can save the map you created, and then load it directly when opening the game with command line. there is a guide somewhere on the wiki.

• Like 1

what are actors? Sorry for my ignorance?

So I put some random macedon units and roman units on the map and asigned them to player 1 and 2 respectively. How do I put them in formation and order them to fight each other?

what I actually want is what this guy doing in this old vid. He is using the Atlas editor for that matter?

Edited by Orphydian
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Orphydian said:

So I put some random macedon units and roman units on the map and asigned them to player 1 and 2 respectively. How do I put them in formation and order them to fight each other?

Putting them in formation is a bit tricky, you can do it through code or by playing that scenario. There is a play button on the first tab that runs the simulation.