Summary of attendance at the Stunfest 2022

Stan`

• 2 weeks later...

je serait present a vandoeuvre les nancy jhabite la ville es je suis a 50 metre de la salle de levenement si lequipe admin a besoin dune chambre pas soucis . JE SUIS UN GRAND FAN DE PHARAON CAESAR ET ZEUX . oui je lavous je suis un nostagique de sierra . la bourde monnumental de microsoft a lepoque qui a preferer financer un projet qui a fait un bid au lieux du votre je ne comprend pas je vous o jeux je crois depuis presque le debut si ma memoir es bonne 2013 ou 2012 jhattant avec impatience les maj . mes javoue jai ete dessue que le projet navance pas malgret les compte possitif. on ce dit rdv le 3 et 4 septembre Advienne que pourra ! ! ! 

9 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

image.png.905cc8211411a5e8272ce160121bb0e1.png

@Stan` do you know the exact address? It's not too far from me so I can go there and take a look (the timing is also summer holiday for me, parfait). But of course, if I am allowed to go there. 

image.thumb.png.6d4ba58b9fd69944732373fd6dc10d11.png

it wasn't you who didn't want to be with wildfire games anymore?

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

t wasn't you who didn't want to be with wildfire games anymore?

I was bored and sick and tired of arguing and playing imba games and OP unit abuse in the lobby. And all those smurf arguments. So I decided to quit this game and enjoy my life while I still can. But what's more boring is spending a summer holiday in Luxembourg locked up in a small flat. I can use this as an excuse to go deeper into France for some entertainment. 

Just now, Yekaterina said:

I was bored and sick and tired of arguing and playing imba games and OP unit abuse in the lobby. And all those smurf arguments. So I decided to quit this game and enjoy my life while I still can. But what's more boring is spending a summer holiday in Luxembourg locked up in a small flat. I can use this as an excuse to go deeper into France for some entertainment. 

but if you forget the multiplayer and help us with the mods for a while, it would be very beneficial.

You are still young, it is normal that you want to leave your environment.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, I was not able to set up a networked game, as it would just timeout when trying to connect whether through direct connect or the lobby probably something wrong with the network there.

The reason multiplayer didn’t work is likely that wireless client isolation (for an example, see https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/Wireless_Client_Isolation) was enabled in the network settings.

This option exist so that devices can’t bother each other and prevent hackers from abusing bad configurations on other machines. It should be enabled on all kind of public networks, except for explicit LAN-party settings. It prevents client-to-client communication by dropping all client packets not targetting the default gateway, thus rendering any kind of local multiplayer impossible.

So the best bet is to bring your own networking hardware with you, for example any kind of non-OEM consumer router that can operate on it’s own without remote configuration. Then connect the PCs via LAN. If needed (because of lacking wired interfaces), you could open your own, secured wifi network, named for example “0ad Multiplayer”. When doing Wifi access points, it is polite to ask the event’s network admin for permission, because it can cause congestion issues and throw off their channel mapping across the area.

Edited by luziferius
clarification in wording