Weapon Textures

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I meant send you the link and improved instructions so you could have it optimized for your own computers. And then you can have some practice with compiling software in the Linux world. (No, you don't have to get all those dependancies, Linux would have most of them already) But it didn't work. I think I set up some of the dependancies wrong. Anyway....

Here's a start. I went ahead and added some variation to all the other wood there as well.

weapons12-22.jpg

Great detail on the axes, I like it allot! Sorry to come back to the spears, but I was shown a picture by Paul the other day here:

http://www.deepeeka.com/store/comersus_vie...?idProduct=3366

I'd like make the shank and head of the pillum a darker metal like that image if possible.

Not much left to do on that texture is there? I'll have to get some helmet work sent your way ;)

Sorry about the lack of progress. These past few days, I have been having extremely annoying trouble with my internet connection.

Anyway, I've darkened the spears and will post a picture some time (homework gets in the way of things ;))

Yeah, there isn't much left. But there are some areas that you hadn't started on, so there are a few more objects left than it looks, but anyway.

Wow, I've been working on this texture for almost two months already.

More helmets? Hmm.... I'm never going to get to do people, am I? ;)

Whatever. I can add more damage to props and that's the bit I like best.

I'm pefectly happy with whatever you assign.

Alright sounds good. Keep working on it as you can. Yeah, probably won't have you doing units ATM because we don't have many sketches that are totally decided on. All the ones that Brendan has done are ok to texture, and a few of the romans and greeks that have been sketched... but a few things have changed even since those. So its best to hold off on unit textures till we have a better idea of what the concepts are. Helmets are helmets, they won't change ;)

I really need to get to sleep. It's nearly 10 over here.

Anyway. Here's a render of the axes. (The reason for the excessive blood on the bloody one is because one of my friends wanted to try, so I let him add another blotch of blood making the spot about 1.5x larger. Doesn't look so good with jpeg blurring, though....)

axes.jpg

And a pic of the texture so far. I've gotten something into every it on the UV map, so (assuming the map is accurate) there shouldn't be any untextured bits there. Some of the texture will have to be tweaked though....

weapons12-25.jpg

The hoe was used for farming, not fighting, right? I want to make sure I'm not supposed to put blood on it. ;)

I fixed up one of the polys of the hoe (it was only about 60 changed pixels, so I won't upload anything yet)

The rest, unless you have any other plans, I don't think I have much left to do. The rest of the problems pretty much are UV problems (some polys too small on the UV map.)

Except for one thing:

On the part of the map labeled axe/mallot, the head is wooden. (It was like that to start with)

Do you want that to be metal, or did you intend to have the short axe get a wooden head?

Except for one thing:

On the part of the map labeled axe/mallot, the head is wooden. (It was like that to start with)

Do you want that to be metal, or did you intend to have the short axe get a wooden head?

Ah, sorry. the axes should have metal heads, and the mallot could have a wood head.

Any more things I have to do?

If you have everything done on the texture, I suppose so?

Alright, Here's a png. (once it uploads)

http://wildfiregames.com/~art/david/02-wea...final-maybe.png

I can't think of anything left to do, so I made it a png instead of jpg.

Anyway, the UVs will have to be editted in a few places (some polys are too small on the UV map and I made the small axe head a separate bit because you said the axe head is metal (see previous post.))

• 2 months later...

weapons_v1.jpg

Hey David, just wanted to show you some of the fruits of your labor. Yesterday I got around to fixing the uvmapping for all the weapons. This is how they turned out. They are all in the game now too, just need to make the random actor files for them. They look great - excellent work ;)