In a little village ...

Curufinwe

(:S

I was bored yesterday and I thought that I may surf on 0 A.D. 's website ... I then opened my 3D Studio Max R6 and started modelling an Airbus plane A300-600ST ...

then, I thought it'd be fun to model some of 0 A.D. models ... the Persians inspired me :P

and eventually, here what I came to ...

persvill.jpg

a cute little Persian village ... I think I made 8 or 9 buildings all in all ... hope you like it ... and if somebody would like to texture them, I would love to ... in order to have a "real" village :S

(:S

Sure I will try the Civ Centre ... well, the poly count is rather low ...

lemme check right now..............................

House 1 - 202 polys

House 2 - 260 polys

House 3 - 150 polys

Health Centre - 676 polys

Resource Centre - 610 polys

Tower - 356 polys

Farm Stead - 264 polys

and the Greek Stone Tower is 394 polys.

Anyway, I am glad you liked it and I will surely make highpoly versions of those.

The civ centre looks nice. I'd modify it a bit by making the "market" building in the bottom corner have a 4th set of columns, stretching out the structure towards the "religious" looking building in the left corner. Also, the "top" corner building looks a bit too tall? Also, the boxes and market stalls will be props, so no need to model them. I realize this is just a project for you... so, I'll keep my mouth shut from now on. hehe. Looks fantastic though! Rep+

That's awesome work :S I'm just curious to know how big the humanoids will be in relation to the buildings. I hope they are the same size you see in some of the concept drawings, that would make attacking something like the Oppidum (Roman fort) a truely daunting task (at least psychologically), and cities would look much more impressive. Speaking of cities, all this has made me re-install my old copy of Caesar III :P I like being able to set taxes, hold festivals, etc :S

• 3 weeks later...