What Resources Will Be Included?

ZeZar

*fears the wrath*

(just kidding)

No, the 0 A.D. staff policy is to keep as much as possible "under wraps", mainly because it could change at any moment. Look at EE for a good example of why this is our policy :)

(Nearly every "feature" of EE was announced 1 or 2 years before it even went gold.. they ended up having change quite a few and found themselves with an angry and disgruntled fan-base)

Yeah, the reason why Game Developers really don't say anything about their game is because at any moment it could all change, since a developing game is constantly changing until it's a good game.

It's not so much so about secrecy and wanting to keep our precious details hiddin so no one else rips our idea :) We can't say anything because it's not finalized yet, and really most of our material so far is just alot of ideas that we still need to test in the actual game, which won't be for a while.

But, at this time you have desided?

Indeed. And the information matches that in the link that Jason pointed out where the Lead Designer answered these very questions. Nonetheless if it is vital that we repeat it here ...

What Resources Will Be Included?

Food. Wood. Stone. Ore.

How much resources will there be in the mines?

My response is similar to the very sensible reply to your similar post in the the TLA forums: that will be established through testing and experimentation. Any value I could suggest now would undoubtedly change during the course of development.

I may have a few interesting ideas involving resources. In your average RTS game resources are dull, you have your standard food, wood, stone and gold. Some RTS games RoN and EE attempted to come up with new resources, however these resources basically just acted like every other resource. I have an interesting idea if you are willing to here me out; it deals with alloys and the quality of mined metals. I am sure that I would not receive any argument that the mining and creating of alloys different greatly in quality during the Roman times. If your interested I will go into further detail about my idea.