Timbo's Quest To Stop Smoking

She isn't really one to use the Internet, she just uses it when she need times for movie showings and to download games. I don't think it could be possible. Plus she gets annoyed every time we mention she should stop so it'll probably end in disaster. Either that or that I'm a pessimist. :-(

Woot :D I've been thinking about how this quest of yours has been going Tim, we want you with us for as long as possible ya know :D A big, big congrats on not having a smoke for 2 months :D

Try not to get even near cigarettes for a while still, you don't want to suddenly lose to a temptation and have to start over :D

@Randy: :( Sorry to hear about your Mom. She does know all the horrible statistics about smoking right?

Yeah it really is. :D

I remember my aunt saying "look Timbo, I have been smoking now for 20 years and trust me I want to slap myself hard for every cigarette that I smoke. You can start of course, but you will come to the same conclusion one day."

Well my curiosity was stronger.. I thought I could beat my aunt and withhold the temptation when I wanted to.. I did alright the first months, but it got harder and harder until I really was addicted to it. :D

Glad you stopped Tim ! :D :D

@Black Op : don't you have some sort of quit smoking programs ? maybe they would help...

or drag the both of them (your mom and dad) on a run every morning, it'll get your dad in shape and maybe make your mom realise how difficult it is to keep breathing (while exercising) when you got all those chemicals in your lungs :D

Well what I did was going into myself. I monitored how I felt before a cigarette and after. I did this a couple of times and came to the conclusion that the cigarette didn't help me feel better or anything.

It is just "cool" in the situation and makes socially involved when you smoke one with some of your friends. The money I threw away and the chemicals in my lungs rounded my feelings up. :D

Additionally, having read a couple of books now on business administration where people said you, as the business leader, should save every cent I realised that it is really better to stop in order to be successful later on. :D

Way to go Timbo. :D

But you aren't done yet. You have to still be careful for the first year. People usually crack after the first year, but then again, Tim isn't usual (in a good way). One to reduce cravings is to reduce your alcohol consumption. I am not saying don't drink. I am just saying not so much so often. Alcohol is known to increase peoples' cravings for a cigarette.