New Planet Found

It attracted my attention the fact that, if it were to be considered a planet, it's temporary name (Sedna) should be changed to match the other planets names...

...i wonder why there is such a need: Sedna is abeautiful name, and, moreover, i do not see why there should be a Latin Pantheon monopoly...

according to the news, it's almost as big as Pluto. And should be, therefore, considered as a planet.

We'll see in the next days what is decided about this... I find it quite exciting, especially since we had the belief there was a 10th planet somewhere that held the balance in our solar system... ;)

;)

Hang on guys, I read this morning that it may be a "Kuyper Object" that come from the "Kuyper Cloud" (obviously) ... and may be one of those gigantic asteroids (as I said yesterday) ... there is no evidence at all that it may be a planet ... just a new object found by Hubble ...

My opinion is this : for months now, Hubble is challenged by the European VLT and maybe they want to show that it is still useful ;)

I've heard it called a "planetoid" (meaning planet-like). Kind of a cross between an asteroid and a planet ;)

Hang on guys, I read this morning that it may be a "Kuyper Object" that come from the "Kuyper Cloud" (obviously)

I think the Kuiper belt is much closer to the gas giants - I believe this might be part of the Oort cloud, where many comets are hypothesized to have been created.

Sedna is abeautiful name

Sedna is the Inuit (Eskimo) goddess of the ocean