Can I change my player name ?

Sequani

Hi, 

When I created my account, I used my lastname and firstname as I thought it was only to log, but then, it is my player name in the lobby as well. I would really like to change it, but it appears it doesn't work. I thought it was possible with a mod, but I can't find how to do it. Is the only way asking to have a new account or no ? 

Thanks for your answer (couldn't find a similar question with the searching tool). 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so. I have my answer if someone else will try to find as well if it's possible, I post it here. It's not possible... It's not allowed as well to create a new account and delete the first one. So Im stuck playing with my name and first name, and it's REALLY a problem for me. I keep the same name on the forum to not disturb visibility of who I am, and that's a problem for me as well. 

Would be nice to debate a bit about this no ? I understand that it shouldn't be allowed to do it by ourselves (so other players might be fooled), but for some conditions, it should be okay to change our playername. Again, when I signed up, I didn't understood my login was going to be my playername (so, would be cool to say it first, with a BIG : you won't be able to change it). So they will be probably less people annoyed by a situation that I have. 

As well, why there is an option to change the playername in the settings (which doesn't work obviously). Was it something that worked before and was locked ? Or a future upgrade?

I'm really sad about this situation :'(

• Like 1

I'm alone having a problem with this ? :O 

By the way, I'm not sure it's conform with the RGPD not being able to delete our account. So if we could (and we should), be able to delete our account, we could do a new one with a new playername... Though I understand all the problems that could create, I think we should have strict rules of how to create a new playername. 

For example, we could be able to change it only once (so It should be said when we create an account). And it could be shown in our profile our previous name...

Please please, can I change my playername ? :'( If nobody cares about that thing, it's not a problem to allow me to do it no anyway? 

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, PhyZik said:

I think in Jerome's case, he really should be allowed to make a new account, both on forum and in game. He explained the situation and it's quite comprehensible.

Let him create new accounts -> delete this one -> delete thread. Big deal.

Thank you very much ♥

On 6/8/2020 at 5:18 PM, Stan` said:

It's up to @user1 and @elexis and the other moderators if any.

Not honoring this request within 30 days is literally illegal per GDPR laws. A full name is personal data and the subject is within his right to erase it. The nickname is also identifiable information and he is within right to rectify it.

"[information must be provided to the individual without delay, and at the latest, within one month of receipt of the request.]"

Meaning that Wildfire Games is already in violation of EU GDPR since this request was filed early May. Honestly very disappointing that this was not taken care of.

Edited by smiley
  • Like 2