A 0 A.D. Review I recently made, also looking for tips on Ptolomies

Shinkuro Yukinari

Hey guys!

I've been a fan of 0AD for a while and recently I started reviewing FOSS games. This Friday I made a review for 0AD and I want to share it with you guys and hear your thoughts, as well as some tips on how to get better at the game, in particular on the Ptolomies, which I enjoy playing the most and wanna focus on while I get good(also having free houses helps me cause I'm lazy :P).

Review

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Hey there,

Thanks for the review!

EDIT: The game is also available for  Mac :)

EDIT2: It's -500 0 A.D.

EDIT3: There are also mods you can download from inside the game :)

You're welcome! Ever since I started reviewing I was looking forward to reviewing this game, and here we are! Thanks for the new info, I legit wasn't aware of a Mac version :D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shinkuro Yukinari said:

Hey guys!

I've been a fan of 0AD for a while and recently I started reviewing FOSS games. This Friday I made a review for 0AD and I want to share it with you guys and hear your thoughts, as well as some tips on how to get better at the game, in particular on the Ptolomies, which I enjoy playing the most and wanna focus on while I get good(also having free houses helps me cause I'm lazy :P).

Review

Hello and welcome!

You might want to review your review, correct the typos (e.g. aboundant, Carthagenians, Macedons, Ptolomeic, etc.), and rephrase some of the poorer sentences.

Highlighting each of the thirteen civilizations in game is fine, but if I'd never heard of 0 A.D., I'd be more interested in what makes the game unique and why it's worth trying out. And what's less than stellar.

Furthermore, a 50-word summary-and-verdict at the start or end would be desirable, since many (most?) people nowadays don't have the attention span, motivation, or time to read everything.

17 hours ago, Stan` said:

EDIT2: It's -500 0 A.D.

Actually it's 500 – 1 BC; the year 0 doesn't exist (which is why it was chosen as the name of the game :) ).

• Like 1