SVN Files As "Conflicted"

Prodigal Son

Merge conflicts only happen when you at one point patched your working copy, then updated it and the update changed the same files in the places you have edited. Than can include a leftover unrevisioned file.

If you want to preserve your diff, you have to carefully proofread it. If you weren't aware that there was a difference, you should revert your working copy regardless of the chosen merge resolve action. Should also look for unintentionally leftover unrevisioned files with the file "status" somewhere in tortoise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, elexis said:

Merge conflicts only happen when you at one point patched your working copy, then updated it and the update changed the same files in the places you have edited. Than can include a leftover unrevisioned file.

If you want to preserve your diff, you have to carefully proofread it. If you weren't aware that there was a difference, you should revert your working copy regardless of the chosen merge resolve action. Should also look for unintentionally leftover unrevisioned files with the file "status" somewhere in tortoise.

I'm kinda confused by the terms. Could you explain exactly what patched and (leftover) unrevisioned stand for in this case?

Since there were merge conflicts, it means that at some point in history you most likely changed something in your directory.

If you don't care about that anymore, just do a revert and delete unrevisioned files.

https://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-dug-revert.html

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/613485/how-can-i-get-tortoisesvn-to-get-a-list-of-files-that-are-not-in-the-repository

@elexis Ty, makes sense now.

I guess it happened while modding (though that was in another folder) or working on patches/tickets a while back, but I don't remember messing with the specific files in conflict. What I can recall is something similar happening with mod versions from github, not from SVN. Those shouldn't affect the main game files/public mod either.