Gameplay & Graphics Programmer application - Vladislav Belov

Position: Gameplay & Graphics Programmer (Maybe AI)

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?
Yep

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?
Yes, of course

Name:
Vladislav Belov
Email:
thebvog (at) gmail (dot) com
Availability:
I can spend on average 11 hours in week
Student
& teacher

Skills and Experience:
I have started programming and learning algorithms since I was 13 years old. I'm interesting in a procedurally generated content, data mining, graphics or gameplay programming. Most used instruments & languages & platforms by me: C++/Python/Javascript + OpenGL/OpenCV/SDL + Linux/Windows.

My projects:

- The Project: Shining Star - Space RTS

- PGPlanet - lib to procedurally generate planet landscape and render it, source not yet open.

- PTestgen - lib to generate tests for science or students testing (using if acm.kpfu.ru for programming contests)

- other projects related to the research activities.

I also teach students to algorithms and create programming contests of our university.

Motivation:
I enjoy solving problems of programming, algorithms and etc.
Personality:
Serious, creative, and of course, optimistic guy.

Short Essay:
I like RTS and I try to follow the news in this area. But I have learned about 0 AD only about 2 years ago and I liked this project. It is the successor of of Age of Empires, but much better.
The game is still in development, there are issues and bugs. And I would like to help solve them, contribute to the community of 0 AD, and develop the game
further.

Interests and Hobbies:
Cycle racing, art, drums.

Staff:
Unfortunately no.
Community:
gamedev.org/gamedev.ru most interestring for me, but many good articles about algorithms and technologies are divided between personal blogs.
Favorite Game:

Many of them, but short list of most favorite:

- American Conquest & Cossacks series

- TES series

- Freeciv

- Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven

- Age Of Empires series

- Battlefield series

- S.T.A.L.K.E.R series

Work Examples:
The Project: Shining Star - Space Procedurally Generated RTS (http://www.desura.com/company/0-planet/news/pre-alpha-space-strategy-game), work in progress, beta will be released over autumn 2015.

• Like 3

Oh, cool, thanks.

So, I don't need the commit access to sumbit solution of a task?

You can submit as patch files and add review word to team member, if you are regular solving things the team can give you the access to team member group, is like to probe be efficient and essential to becomes official team member .

Welcome, programmers can indeed start without application. It's advised to start with one of the starter tasks. They're not necessarily very simple, but they usually stick to a single part of the code, so you don't have to know the entire code to work on it.

And you're of course welcome on irc to ask questions, discuss a certain way to solve something, ask for a review, ...

Welcome, programmers can indeed start without application. It's advised to start with one of the starter tasks. They're not necessarily very simple, but they usually stick to a single part of the code, so you don't have to know the entire code to work on it.

And you're of course welcome on irc to ask questions, discuss a certain way to solve something, ask for a review, ...

https://kiwiirc.com/client/quakenet/0ad-dev said that server not available. So, are there any other links to IRC channel?

I need to know, is my patch well formed.