Suggestion for Persian Faction Improvement

jurgenjuggernaut

I like Persia faction though, I have few suggestions to improve gameplay.

1.- Persia and many Empires of the time won battles by numbers more than having a real strategy, so my suggestion is: that basic foot troops, to have maybe less attack and health but be cheaper in order to mass them. The immortales able to be trained in the barracs, cheaper and less effective.

link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Iran#Achaemenid_Era

My base for this are the many wars with greece, 1 hoplite is worth 2 or 3 persian infantry men due the training and the equipment they had. Also It is known that immortals received its name not for beeing "immortals" but if someone was killed he or they were replaced by others.

"Herodotus describes the 'Immortals' as being heavy infantry, led by Hydarnes, that were kept constantly at a strength of exactly 10,000 men. He claimed that the unit's name stemmed from the custom that every killed, seriously wounded, or sick member was immediately replaced with a new one, maintaining the numbers and cohesion of the unit"

link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortals_(Persian_Empire)

2.-Where is Mardonius? xD I like the actual heroes except Xerxes, but they were all kings while Mardonius was a General a brilliant one.

3.- Scythed Chariots, first were 3 men as far as I know, 2 men where charriots from egypt and where smaller, so my suggestion is that chariots can shot bolts while moving, with a penalty of acuracity, horse archers too, second to be faster than infantry but slower than horsemen, though already, third to be able to cut people in half with the blades (in a way to speak).

2The scythed chariot was pulled by a team of four horses and manned by a crew of up to three men, one driver and two warriors. Theoretically the scythed chariot would plow through infantry lines, cutting combatants in half or at least opening gaps in the line which could be exploited."

link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythed_chariot

All this maybe difficult and complicated but I and many others really like this game, and really want to aid to improve it.

The Celts also used Scythed chariots quite effectively against the Greeks during their campaign down the peninsula to sack Delphi. Theirs were just driver and one warrior throwing spears or arrows one of their favourite tricks was balancing between the horses on the chariot's tongue and hacking at anything that came their way.

Enjoy the Choice :)

3.- Scythed Chariots, first were 3 men as far as I know, 2 men where charriots from egypt and where smaller, so my suggestion is that chariots can shot bolts while moving, with a penalty of acuracity, horse archers too,

For now we don't have (in the engine) the ability to have partian tsctics a mean have units as turrets element I mean shooting and moving, the only one is the Siege Tower, but may be I'm just be wrong but in trac see a ticket tacking about this element, remember the game don't have many features yet.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

For now we don't have (in the engine) the ability to have partian tsctics a mean have units as turrets element I mean shooting and moving, the only one is the Siege Tower, but may be I'm just be wrong but in trac see a ticket tacking about this element, remember the game don't have many features yet.

Yeah I know just as I said wanna give u ideas so when u can and if u liked them to use them thats why I get few links to have bases