AI not attacking, generally too easy to defeat

Hetstaine

Hi all, have been playing this little gem on and off since Alpha 12, generally check in every few months give the latest version a week or so of skirmish and scenarios..haven't managed to have any luck with multiplayer yet.

All of the time i am able to build up enough resources, survive a few initial attacks, build defences that they cannot get past and then go on the slaughter trail.

Bactria map (skirmish) is extremely easy with either no or only two to three small attacks from the enemy ai (this is medium and hard petra ai) and then they just stop attacking despite there being a lot of resources left on the map , the ai just seems to hang at their base doing nothing while you can mass a huge force and build a city with no fear of attack if you so desire.

Totally different to playing Arcadia 2 in scenario mode where they just keep coming in decent sized waves, still easy enough to overcome again once walls and towers are up. I know ai is never where the real competition is , just found it odd that there is such a large difference depending on map ? or is it dependant on skirmish v scenario ? or is it what civilisation the ai is ?

cheers, and thanks to all who put their time and effort into OAD for us freeloaders :)

I think that it sometimes really depends on the map. I played on the Akropolis map with a medium Petra AI and the AI wasn't able to de even one attack. It only build 6 buildings and it looked like it didn't have the space to develop. But I sometimes doesn't even have a chance against the same AI on other maps, because it's sometimes really aggressive.

Btw. does the AI cheat, like in many other strategy games? It doesn't seem so, but it's always good to know ;)

Tried the Bactria map again, this time with very hard petria ai, and was not attacked once. In the stats the AI never collected any stone and only collected 8 metal. AI trained only 23 infantry and they were at base when i attacked.

Death Canyon (tiny) was the same, very hard Petria ai, the ai actually attacked once this time and then never again. Once again in the stats the ai collected zero stone and zero metal.